UFC 98

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, May 11, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    the UFC 98 card is looking pretty decent. Im most interested in the Matt Hughes/Matt Serra and Sean Sherk/Frankie Edgar fights...

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Can someone explain to me why all the hatred towards hughes. Everyone says he stuck up but he seems to me like a down to earth quiet country folk. Everything serra says about hughes seems to apply more to him than anything, imho. I think serra has a crush on hughes and cant admit it.:smile2:
    Should be a great fight though.

Dont know too much about sherk and edgars though except their names. Ill be watching the fights on the net like usual.

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    should be a good night of fights. hope so anyways as the last few have been somewhat lackluster. actually this should be a great summer of good fights, lots to look forward to.

4. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I like Matt Hughes a lot. I hope he smokes Serra's bags.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Both Matts cheez me off. It was pretty funny when Hughes likened himself to Ruth from the Book of Ester...or whatever on TUF. I bet he wears a pink Speedo. :crazy:...:embarassed: I think Serra is gonna give him a spankin'.

6. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I think the ninja like moves of Hughes will prove to be too much for Serra to handle.

7. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here's one for you all...i was readinig an interview Matt hughes did recently. This guy has some crazy idea that he might want to move up to 185 after the Serra fight and possibly get a fight the Spider!!! I think its wishful thinking more than anything else!

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    He better hope he dont get a fight with Silva!!! I was thinking he should move down if he can.

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I'd rather see the original scheduled fight between Rashad & Rampage.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think that alot of folks are expecting Machida to walk away with the win on this fight...I think that both of them have an equal shot at it though. Rashad is a good striker and he seems to get better as he goes along. I wonder if he will be able to take Machida down though?

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    My buddy was working for Mark Hughes (Matt Hughes brother) on their farm over Memorial Day weekend. Apparently, when Hughes returned to Hillsboro on Sunday, there was talk around the Hughes house of him actually wanting to take the Thiago Alves rematch. :crazy: I don't know about that one... Seems like that might be a bad idea to me.

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I downloaded the fish and I heard Joe Rogan saying the same thing about the rematch with Alves...Matt Hughes may be back on a good run through some fights?

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Idunno. If he couldn't finish Serra...I don't see him finishing Alvez...or even getting any kind of victory over him. Guess we will eventually see. Says he wants one more fight in his home territory.

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    There is a lot of stout talent in that division. I would have liked to see Matt Hughes go up against John Fitch! That would have been a good one. By the way, I heard that Fitch is back in the UFC. They should have never cut him in the first place!