UFC 92 is STACKED!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by FREESPOOL, Dec 24, 2008.

Call it!

1. Forrest Griffin

2. Rashad Evans

3. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

4. Frank Mir

5. Wanderlei Silva

6. Quinton Jackson

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    What are everyones predictions for the upcoming event? I'm really looking forward to this one. What do you all think?

2. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can't believe Frank Mir thinks he's gonna either submit,knockout or decision Noguera.The guy who's never been sub's or ko'd in 35 or so fights.And he's only been decisioned by Fedor & Barnett.Number 1 and number 3 in the world.Mir thinks way too highly of himself since he sub'd Lesnar:eek:oooh:

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'd like to say Forrest would woop Rashads but. But for some reason I have visions of Rashad "graciously" accepting the belt. :confused2:
    I'm really looking forward the the silva/evans 3. We'll see if Silva still has Evans #.

I AM confident, all three are going to be great fights.

4. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Silva/Rampage #3

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks for the correction. lol DRRR. :confused2: Sorry.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ....Due to prior engagements...I won't get to see this one...:sad2:

I'm goin' with Rashad, Mir, and Rampage. Not 'cause that's how I want it to go...Just how I believe it will go.

7. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I can't wait for Silva/Rampage #3! I think it has the capability to be better than Wandy/Chuck. Pullin for Silva, but Rampage has gotten alot tougher since his pride days. Any way you look at it, we are in for some good fights on this card!

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    It's gonna be worth the money i'd say. At least more than most UFCs. All these fight could go either way. Looking forward to it.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I picked Rashaad over Forrest because I think that on the feet he's faster although Forrest can take punch. Rampage put him on his butt with a nice uppercut. I think that Rashaad has a punchers chance...or he'll "lay and pray" in the later rounds while stacking points from take downs.

I picked Minotoro because he's better than Mir all around (and should be the current champ...not that Brock guy...:angry::big_smile:).

If Wanderlei comes in the way he used to in Pride...no one in that division can stop him. He banged Rampage up pretty good in their first two fights...we'll see what happens. It should be a great card though.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    What the $*%@ happened tonight?!:crazy: I still have not watched any of the fights but my buddy called me at dinner to tell me all about the knockouts!? Anybody watch?

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I watched it, I figured Griffin, Mir, Jackson. Of all people, Forrest lost..??? lol Mir controlled the fight and tko'd Noiguero, Rampage caught Silva with a haymaker and knocked him out.... :eek:oooh::big_smile:

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    kind of seems like a changing of the guard is going on in the ufc. and why is it that most of the former pride guys are not doing well in the ufc?

13. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I wish that I knew what the heck is going on with the Pride guys. Ive heard some say that it's the difference between a cage and ring? Being against a cage has nothing to do with a guy getting knocked out in the center...

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

Good point. I agree with that.

I wanted Forrest and Nogeira to win, I was undecided on the Rampage and Silva fight. They were good fights all around. I had a good time.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. :big_smile: Man, Forrest fought a good fight. He was picking Rashad apart pretty good, 'till he got caught. Mir looked great. I hope he breaks Brock's arm lol.

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I think it has alot to do with the rules. How many fights ended with knees, kicks, or elbows to a downed opponent's head? Can't do that in the US. It changes the paradigm of the fights.

17. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You forgot to mention my favorite......Face Stomps:big_smile:

18. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Here is a dumb question,
    why did those guys end up in the UFC? Is Pride still having fights or did they fold?

How is it that Frank Mir is the "interim" champion and Lesner the Champion?
    this is confusing to me.

I guess it was more than one dum question.

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    UFC bought the Pride organization a year or so ago. Might have even been longer than that. Pride is no more. For now at least.

Randy Couture was in dispute with the UFC for a while and wasn't fighting. So they had a fight for the interim heavy weight belt. Which Noguera won of course.
    After that fight, Randy came back and finally defended his heavy weight title and lost to Lesnar. So,now we have 2 heavy weight champions.
    Till Mir breaks Lesnars arm like kat in the hat suggested. :wink:

At least, that's the way I understand it. :confused2:

20. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pride folded because the network that they broadcasted on from Japan terminated their contract. Once that happened, Zuffa took full advantage and bought the organization along with most of its fighters. Zuffa also took over the WEC at the same time. Thats how they aquired Rampage and a few others...it really screwed things up for MMA fans if you ask me. Pride is back in full swing now but they have a new name. Look for fights that are organized by DREAM. They have had some really good cards!