UFC 79 Poll

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by FREESPOOL, Dec 25, 2007.

Who do you thinks going to win Dec. 29th?

1. Matt Hughes

2. Georges St-Pierre

3. Chuck Liddell

4. Wanderlei Silva

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    What do you think? Where's your money at?

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Here's the fight card. For those that are interested.
    And to clarify one thing. I don't have a dime on this fight. Or any UFC for that matter. Anything can happen. Usually if I call a fight, just the opposite happens. :roll_eyes:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my $ is on chuck and georges st p. chuck is a former champ and all but hes gotta know its do or die out in the ufc. and one Q i need to ask. how did chuck end up with the Wanderlei fight? i thought the winner of chuck and the dean of mean jardine got the dec Wanderlei fight.

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Actually, I think they stated a victory by Liddell would put him up against Wanderlei. I think they were just putting Jardine in to get Liddell a victory after his last lose. Unfortunately for Liddel (and the UFC), Jardine owned him for 3 rounds. LOL
    They've been trying to put the Liddel vs. Silva fight together for years. But Pride would never settle on an agreement to let the fight happen. I've been hoping and praying to see both of these guys against each other. It could be a really short fight, or a long fight. I have no idea. I do know it's going to be a good one regardless though!! :smile2::smile2: Lets get it on!!!

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya ide have to look at my tape, i could have sworn they said the victor would go on to fight silvia in dec. but im glad to see its liddel. ya can bet its another ill pay to see.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Idunno. A situation has arose, and I won't be able to get the fight Saturday. I'm gonna have to avoid this section 'till after I get to watch the fight...hopefully Sunday night.

I'm gonna say Silvia wins, and GSP wins. Oposite if what I want, so maybe I won't jinx them. Just have a feeling it's not gonna go well for Matt and Chuck.

7. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    have to go with silva and hughes

8. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    I must say Silva and GSP for the win. I have been wanting to see Silva vs Liddel since they were both at there peak. I don't think either of them are the fighter they use to be. So I guess it's still going to be a equally good fight. I just hope Liddel has been working on his clinch defense. As for GSP vs Hughes. George if a very technical fighter and can do well where ever it goes. Hughes is a powerhouse but since he retired my boy. It just wouldn't be right rooting for him.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya everyone ive talked to at work says silvia and georges. chuck just may be fuming though. his carrear has done a 180 since he fought rampage.

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  11. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I hope Matt and Chuck wins as well, but I think it's gonna be Matt and Silva.

12. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I think matt after his I only have a couple left in me statement, his head isn't going to be as in the fight as he says! As for Chuck he better get on Silva quik with some big over the top rights maybe bring back some of kick boxing goods or Silva may take him out.

Matt and ? your guess is good as mine!:eek:oooh:

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I gotta go with Silva and Hughes.

I have been a big fan of the Chute Box camp for years (though Silva has since left them). This fight should have happened years ago before both fighters fell into their present slump. Silva once owned Rampage in a Pride match and Rampage has owned Chuck both times they met...so do the math...as for Hughes and GSP, I can never count Matt out. He admitted on season 6 of TUF that he only has a few more fights left in him. I was REALLY hoping to see him fight Serra instead:roll_eyes:.

14. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i dont think hughes has a chance with gsp and i think silva will beat chuck. chuck hasnt been the same since he got knocked out. the reason chuck won most of his fights is because people was scared to step in and bang with him. i learned a long time ago in boxing that you dont step away from power you have to step into it. you step away and get caught on the chin and out you go. step into the power and silva will step in he isnt afraid of anything. i have a old bare knuckle dvd from brazil where chuck and silva fought each other before with no rules. chuck won a decision but it was a bloody crazy fight. back in brazil anything goes.

15. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    the iceman will ko silva in the first round if ya ask me. hes got the power behind his punches to do it to. aint saying sivla aint got no power but i think lidell will ko him. as for the match with hughes and st. peire(spelling) i think huges will win it. he lost the first match he had with peire(spelling) and i think that it will give him more motivation for this fight

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Matt won the first match with GSP, and lost the second. I don't want him to, but I think he will lose to him again because GSP is a much more well rounded fighter and athelete. If Matt can get him on the floor quickly, he might have a chance, but that's his only chance imo.

17. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Too bad, so sad. GSP the victor, and in spectacular fashion. :sad2:

18. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Yep, and I have to take full responsibility for Matt and Wanderlei's losses. Anytime I call a fight, just the opposite happens. :roll_eyes: Sorry guys.