Ufc 65

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Shortarms, Nov 15, 2006.

Who's going to win the main events?

1. Hughes

2. St. Pierre

3. Sylvia

4. Monson

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Who do you think is going to win? Does anyone know the odds for the fights? My computer at work blocks those types of websites.

Curt

2. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I gotta go with Hughes and Sylvia:beated:

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know the odds, but Hughes and Sylva must be victorious. If I was Matt Hughes, I woulda knocked St. Pierre out of the ring when he started mouthing him after his last fight. He doesn't have to go all out against an ungerling. I hope they have to wheel George out of the octagon on a gurney.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think both fights will be good one's. Hughes by hair and The snowman if it goes to the ground if not Sylvia will win.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I must agree, can't wait to watch it.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Same here,but I wouldn't put any money on it.

7. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is my prediction as well. This will be Hughes' best challenge to date. Monson will dominate Sylvia on the ground if he can get him there. Sylvia will tear him him up if it's a stand up.

8. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Can't stand either of them, but it would be difficult to bet against Hughes or Sylvia.

When is Bisping gonna fight again?? can't wait to see him in action!

I would really like to see Sylvia fight Fedor or Crocop!

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I was wondering if anyone was gonna start a poll on this:big_smile: . Im going with St. Pierre and Monson. St. Pierre because I would like to see someone give Hughes a real run for his money like Penn did in thier 1st fight. I also pick Monson because he is a real beast. I saw him do his thing at the ADCC in '05, he's has a ground game like nobody Sylvia has ever faced in my opinion. If he can take Sylvia down, it will be all over. I'm actually looking forward to this fight more than the welterweight bout.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Bisping is supposed to fight on the undercard tomorrow too. I read an article that says UFC and Pride are still in negotiations for a Lidell/Silva fight. If that happens, it will just be matter of time before Fedor takes the UFC heavyweight title.

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive been doubting Hughes in his last two fights but not this time. Just watched where Hughes made GSP tap out in their last fight. Going with Hughes. Dont know much about Monson but gonna go with Sylvia due to his size and striking, should be good fights.

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

Yeah Hughes did a number on GSP the 1st fight. GSP says that he gave Hughes too much respect in that fight and this time will be different. W'ell see...you can watch some of Monson's matches on youtube.

13. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    St. Pierre was holding his own in the first fight, he got caught with an armbar. He has improved tremendously since then, i'm picking him to win, it should be a great fight though, Hughes is the greatest champion in UFC history.
    As for the heavys, Monson all the way, Slyvia is garbage, if he was to fight Crocop, he would get his head kicked into the 5th row. UFC's heavyweight division is terrible.

14. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
  15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I favor huges to win as I already stated. I also watched UFC unleashed last night where they showed Hughes beat St.Pierre with an arm bar in the last second of the first round. Up until then I thought he was losing ground. This will be a good fight. George has a bigtime reach advantage. In the last fight Hughes could barely take him down. If he can't take it to the ground, he will lose.

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I might be wrong. I did see a commercial recently with Bisping fighting in an upcoming event. Might be the Lidell/Ortiz fight next month.

17. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I'm guessin many of you in this thread already know this, but Bisping was supposed to have fought some guy who is supposed to be good, on the night that the Ultimate fighter 4 finale was broadcast. For some visa/passport reason, He could not get into the country for the fight.