Now for the Prelims

Melvin Guillard vs Waylon Lowe...I think Melvin by 1st rd ko
Cyrille Diabate vs Luiz Cane..... I think Cane by unamious decision
Joe Brammer vs Aaron Riley...Riley by split decision
Jesse Forbes vs Ryan Jensen.... Forbes by 2nd rd ko

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I don't know I think Rashad can take Rampage. I pull for Rampage sometimes because my son got to meet him at the Warriors Challenge wrestling tournament in LA(Cerritos College), it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I don't know I think Rashad can take Rampage. I pull for Rampage sometimes because my son got to meet him at the Warriors Challenge wrestling tournament in LA(Cerritos College), it was pretty cool.
If I had to bet $, I would bet on Rashad. All else equal (which it's not), Rashad is much quicker. He's a wrestler who boxes, so I don't really think he has anything to fear with Rampage's takedowns. Both have KO power. Standing, I give Rashad the edge because of speed and accurracy. On the ground, Rashad has the distinct advantage, IMO. Rampage has a puncher's chance, though.

I also think Amir will win via armbar.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
i agree with matt on this one,but i'm pulling for rampage to f him up.not really interested in seeing it though,think its gonna be more hype than fight.imo

not interested in the whole card.imo After 113,this is what we get?no comparison.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If I had to bet $, I would bet on Rashad. All else equal (which it's not), Rashad is much quicker. He's a wrestler who boxes, so I don't really think he has anything to fear with Rampage's takedowns. Both have KO power. Standing, I give Rashad the edge because of speed and accurracy. On the ground, Rashad has the distinct advantage, IMO. Rampage has a puncher's chance, though.

I also think Amir will win via armbar.
I agree. Overall the card can have some good fights, but I think Rampage/Rashad will be drawn out like Rampage vs Forrest was. I would give the advantage to Rashad.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I give the edge to Rashad but I'm pulling for Rampage definately. I never really much cared for Rashad.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Guess I'm gonna go see the fight at StriperSteves tonight so I'll throw in my prediction....

I say Rashad in at least the 2nd round. I pretty much think Rampage will get worn out first.

Biggest problem is getting past Rampages knockout power in the first round, and we know Rashad can take a lot of hard hits, so if he can hang on, I'll think he'll win.

Rashad...2nd round win

-Jim-

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
As always, Sanchez is the little b!tch of the UFC... there has never been a more over rated fighter in the ufc.... All his little "praise Jesus" BS...is just that..BS..... Jesus thinks he's a pu$$y too.....

·
Registered
297 Posts
from what i have heard here and on other sites it sounds like this pay per view was a dud for the most part.
For the most part it was imo. Nice to see diego get picked apart. As for rashad and rampage imo it was pathetic. Rampage shoulda had way more conditioning and if rashad doesnt quit fighting like gsp then im done watchin him. I know he was bein smart and that he may be a true mma and blah blah blah but if your gonna take a guy down do somethin while your down there. I just like to see em brawl. Very dissapointed overall.:bad:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
The fat guy knocking out the muscley guy was friggin' great!
fight of the night by far. Rashad did exactly what I figured he would do. Rampage's only hope was to bust Rashad for a one hit KO when he darted in. I thought he had it for a second, but Rashad held on whle Rampage unloaded.

I didn't think it was that bad of a UFC personally. I've definitely seen worse recently...

Who's ready for Lesnar and Carwin? ME ME ME ME!!!

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
It had a moment or two but overall a yawner. UFC ppv's are becoming more like fight nights, one fight or two if im lucky that i want to see and they consistently are boring. Still better than boxing. Too bad strikeforce cant catch up, im becoming more entertained by them than the ufc. Im another that cant wait for lesnar/carwin, you know theyre going to fight not takedown for points.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It had a moment or two but overall a yawner. UFC ppv's are becoming more like fight nights, one fight or two if im lucky that i want to see and they consistently are boring. Still better than boxing. Too bad strikeforce cant catch up, im becoming more entertained by them than the ufc. Im another that cant wait for lesnar/carwin, you know theyre going to fight not takedown for points.

Hopefully you are right about lesnar and carwin. Im callin for carwin ko in round 2. Give em time to feel him out and bam. I like both but carwin is a bad sob. Seems like fighters are playin it safe and more for points than a ko or sub. Sure like watchin some of the older ufc stuff it could be flat out wicked.

·
Registered
740 Posts
For the most part it was imo. Nice to see diego get picked apart. As for rashad and rampage imo it was pathetic. Rampage shoulda had way more conditioning and if rashad doesnt quit fighting like gsp then im done watchin him. I know he was bein smart and that he may be a true mma and blah blah blah but if your gonna take a guy down do somethin while your down there. I just like to see em brawl. Very dissapointed overall.:bad:

I enjoyed Diego Sanchez getting beat.
I don't think for a minute Rashad fights like GPS, I don't think anyone does but his fighting style is more like Machida (if I have to compare him to someone), just in and out & move around all the time, but I still think he gave a good show and deserved the win. he had a game plan and executed it, seems like Rampage just wanted to brawl, he had Rashad on the canvas hurt but he stopped punching, I think that is where he lost the fight.

I don't believe the card was too bad, there has been worse for sure. The fat guy ko on the muscle guy was great, even he was shocked!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.