UFC 108 anyone?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by rockbass, Dec 30, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No talk on here about the fight this weekend.

Is anyone else wanting to see Rashad /Thiago? It has the makings of a good slug fest ending in a KO.

Dustin Hazelett/ Paul Daley could be a good battle too. I like Dustin, but Daley has a hell of a streak going for him.

This is another one of those cards where people look at it and think it's a bad one because of the lack of TOP names on it, but in reality any of these fights can be just as good as the ones with the top guys in them.

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i actually think this is goin to be a good card,especially if rashad gets the snot beat out of him.:wink:

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont tihnk that Rashaad will ever be able to shake the stigma of being a boring fighter to watch. Even though he improved his striking over the years, he still doesnt get the respect he deserves even though his record should speak for itself.

Thiago has an excellent record too and both of them have lost to the same guy...so yeah it will be an interesting match up. I'd give the edge to Rashad though.

4. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Had not really heard of Rashad too much, watching TUF was when I heard pf him the most, so I went ahead and looked up his fight against Machida, I did not like his clown style

I hope he gets the shit beat out of

5. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I here you, but Machida has done that to everyone he has been in the ring with,,,
    Puddle

6. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    I want Evans to win at 108 in hope of seeing a Jackson/Evans fight

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm the same way on this. I think no matter what happens, Rashad should fight Rampage. Let's face it.....Rampage won't be back at the title any time soon with the way he's been talking, so why not let them go at it. I honestly think Rampage would lose the fight anyway.

8. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    I'd root for Jackson on that one:wink:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree. I will too brother. I can't stand Rashad:angry:

10. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    The way those two were jawin back and forth on TUF they should fight regardless JMO

11. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    This, Evans was the bigger mouth, I just hope the fight gets scheduled that's all I care about

12. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Yeah I hope so too but dana white already said if rashad wins this fight this weekend then the fight with jackson will happen next but if he loses jackson gets an immediate title shot because he stepped down from the title shot to get to do tuf and mess up rashad at the end. So if rashad loses rampage gets a title shot and rashad will have to win 3 in a row to get that fight put on....

13. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd like to see Rampage get a title shot and get beaten by Machida or Shogun....whoever would be champ then. never know in a fight though

14. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    as far as Rashad/Thiago goes i have to go with Rashad. i think hes too fast for Thiago, and i think hes a lot stronger. but if Thiago uses his counter-striking ability (i.e. Jardine fight) then it could end very early if Rashad leaves himself open. but for right now; Rashad by tko

Daley/Hazelett: watching Daley tko one of my all time favorite fighters (Martin Kampmann) blew me away, this dude is fo real. but Hazeletts BJJ is top level, if Daley keeps it standing he will destroy Hazelett, but if it hits the ground then Daleys in a lot of trouble, but for right now; Daley by split decision

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'll pass. Let me know if Rashad gets KO'd. :smile2:

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Seems like a gorified fight night card to me. Main event could be good but the rest seems ho hum. Id rather watch strikeforce, hee hee.:wink:

17. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did you by chance catch the prelims at least? Nothing wrong with them. Put it this way. They schedule 2 live prelims free on Spike for the time. The ended up being able to show 4. Pretty exciting fights even with the so called no namers.

18. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i watched the prelims on spike,they were pretty good.this morning i watched the rest on mmashare,not impressed,rashad could take silva down,but he could'nt holdem down and do any damage.i think if they fight 10 times,rashads already got his only win,silva would win the rest.imo

tried watching the daley fight,but it just went up to 3:11,so i don't know who won that one.if you know who won let me know.thanks

19. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Daley KO'd Hazlett. Pretty much what was expected.

20. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hazelett let me down. it wa Marquardt/Maia all over again, the BJJ guy tried to stand and bang with the striker and got KTFO'd