UFC 107 Penn vs Sanchez

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by rockbass, Dec 9, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone else pumped up for this fight? I'll be getting it, so anyone in the Tusc county Ohio area come on over to watch. Can get a crockpot of Meatballs, or coney's going. Bring your beverages.

Penn vs Sanchez has the makings to be a great war. I think Diego has a really good chance at beating Penn. I think Penn's jellybean head being able to absorb punches without showing any damage will make it harder for sanchez to win a decision though. BABY JAY is a great fighter, but I'd like to see Diego's strange ass beat him. Too many times where BJ whined and cried about stupid crap to make me root for him

Frank Mir.........well....I know lots of people don't like him mostly because he's honest and well spoken, but others just say he's cocky. I personally want to see him submit Kongo just because Kongo hits guys in the nuts too often and thumps his chest 1000 times on the way to the cage.

Florian vs Clay Guida Well.....for whatever reason I just can't stand Kenny. I hope Clay beats him in devastating Caveman fashion, but I understand that isn't how he works. I'll pick Guida via Split Dec.

This whole card is going to be good. I think pretty much every fight has the potential to be good. I'll be watching the PPV, then finding the unaired fights on the net.

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    well i gotta go for penn,just don't like sanchez,he's a legend in his on mind.

mir congo,don't like either,but gotta go for congo,he's the more exciting fighter(thats not sayin much).

i can't stand kenny florian myself,don't know why just don't.but i do like the carpenter,hope guida beats the snot out of florian.

its an alright card,but in my oppinion the fighters been slippin this year.good fights are rare.don't get me wrong UFC is still #1,they just slippin right now.

tried to watch strike force on showtime thats a joke,only thing they got is women fights,now they throw down.

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with ya. There have been many very good fights, but the top names just haven't been up to snuff here lately. Lot's of injuries making fights get cancelled or switched.

At least most of the fights on this card have the chance of being good fights. It seems like many times it's not the top names that make the best fights.

4. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm liking Sanchez as well also think florian will win. Mir should do good with Congo. This should be a good event. I am psyched. I'l;l be watching this one live and in person. It'll be my first.

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man.......I'd love to be there.

If you get pics with any fighters, please post them for us to see!

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like sanchez's crazy arse just dont see him beatint penn though. Mir is too well rounded to lose to congo and i see the guida florian fight going to decision, to florian.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well I think that this will be a really good fight! Of course me being a BJ Penn fan, I hope that he beats Diego via submission. Penn's stand up is way better and while Sanchez has been studying BJJ under Saulo Ribeiro, he cant match BJ's jiu jitsu.

I would have like to Florian and sanchez mix it again since Florian has come such a long ways from the first time they met. Hopefully I can catch it out here on the ship!

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I want BJ to beat Sanchez, I just cant stand Sanchez "greater than God" attitude, he sure is a confident fighter but IMO he over does it.

I definatly like Guida to win, he is an animal and leaves everything he has in the cage every time out. I think Mir should win over Congo but if he catches him with a punch it may be an early night for frank.

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Frank Mir......WOW. I thought he was gonna get his head knocked off after Kongo tossed a couple punches......WOW For those that didn't see it.....well I'll put it this way. Mir tells the truth when he gets interviewed and doesn't try to sugarcoat everything like most of the guys. Kongo just got ticked, and at the weigh ins just put his back to Mir for the staredown. Well Mir showed him he was telling the truth and Kongo was once again shown to not be near as good as they are trying to sell him to be.

10. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yep,i said it was gonna be a boring card,but everything i've heard sounded like it was great.i'll eat crow.could'nt afford ppv this close to christmas but would love to see it.

11. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I thought the fights where great. I have never been a Penn fan but, WOW. Diago has never experienced anything like that before! BJ is a lot faster than I thought. Frank Mir took it straight to Congo and left with a ko in a little more than a minute. Alan Beltcher was very impressive in his fight against Wilson Goveia(sp). The guaida and florian fight went as I expected. Guida bleeding and tko by rear naked choke. I will say that we got to meet and take a few pics with Clay at a local restaruant before the fight and he is a very personable guy. Couldn't meet a nicer guy. Matt Wiman did his thing. I can't even remember all the fights but the whole experience was awesome. The FedeX Forum in Memphis is a great venue and bet the UFC will be back based on the ticket sales.

12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is awesome to hear! Penn I don't like, but dang he can fight now that he has his mind into it.
    I was most impressed with Mir's monster punch ending with Kongo takin a nice nap :cool2:

13. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was good. You have a PM my friend!

14. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    thanx bro.it did live up to its potential,the penn,and mir fight anyway.i have'nt had a chance to check out any of the others.i heard my boy guida lost,but i bet there was blood,mey be his,but i like blood.

thanx,rocky.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well, we got the fight out here on the ship for free through the Armed Forces Network (God bless them)! Awesome fights! I could not have wanted it any better (unless Penn would have submitted Sanchez). BJ looked outstanding and fought a really smart fight and he was not even close to being gassed! Florian looked good in his win too!

16. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is awesome they get them out to you guys! One thing nobody can say is that the UFC isn't al about our troops. They do lots of visits and things for them.

Thank You for what you are doing for us! I sincerely appreciate it!

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good fights!

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Those were good fights. Sanchez never had a chance. I didn't think it would last nearly that long, Penn is just another class of fighter. He doesn't have to make stupid arse faces (I'm so glad Penn kicked that stupid cartoon "mean" face he had right off his face!!) he just kicks people in theirs. People may not think that Mir is exciting or whatever, but he's the best heavyweight of this decade. Nobody else is even close. I don't want to hear anything about Brock, he has no skill at all, just supreme strength.

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who likes Mir. :sad2: He will be the champ again soon.

20. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    is the replay gonna be on spike this week or weekend:big_smile: