UFC 106 Ortiz vs Griffin

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by rockbass, Nov 19, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well guys.....no talk of UFC 105 on here. Did anyone watch? It was a darn good night of fights.

On to this weekend now.........

UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin
    Tito backtalks as usual saying he wasn't 100% for the last so many years basically making excuses why he has been very lackluster in his last 6 or so fights. He's up against Forrest Griffin who had an embarassing fight in his last at bat against Anderson Silva. Griffin says that fight made him hungry again and is ready to beat Tito and help to erase his controversial loss to him.

Personally, I think it's going to be another battle with Tito winning by decision. If forrest pulls off the win we will get to hear more excuses from Tito like we always do when he loses.

Other matchups on the card.....

Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson possible great fight, but likely to end pretty early

Amir Sodollah vs Phil Baroni Muay thai vs brawling Wrestler. tough to call

Luiz Cane vs Minotoro Nogueira Another tough fight

Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett Dustin is one of the few guys I like to watch work the BJJ. Karo is a toss-up on how he will be.

Even with the health problems Lesnar is dealing with causing him to drop out of this card, the car is still stacked with what should be great fights. Even the undercard is stacked up well with good match-ups. One thing is for sure....we can count on the UFC to put together great cards and this one should be very good.

Please discuss.

2. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well......just found out that Karo pulled yet another slick one on us fight fans. He pulled out of his fight with Dustin as of today. 2 days before the fight and he pulled out with a big list of excuses according to Dana White. Can't wait to hear the lines of BS he'll be throwing out now.:roll_eyes:

3. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    he couldn't get a license. He fail a drug test for pain killers and never paid the fine. 32,000 bucks worth :eek:oooh:

4. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I really don't like Forrest or Tito either one, but I'm hopeful that Forrest will knock Tito out. That's about it. :wink:

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    can't stand tito ortiz or phil baroni,hope they both get the chit beat out of'em.think the koschek fight could be a good one.ain't never liked karo parisian no how,so glad his boring ass dropped out.

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That was one of the excuses I've heard he used, but Keith Kizer of the NV Commission said that was bull. Keith said they made a deal with Karo that they licensed him but that they would take the fine money out of his purse from the fight this weekend. Basically, Karo used one excuse to the media that was a total lie.

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That was my first thoughts too, but Forrest seems to have the lack of KO power :sad2: add that to the fact that Tito's head is huge and takes a good punch.....not looking good for the KO hahaha I remain hopeful though

8. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    griffin-ortiz you will get most likely what you got in their last fight. johnson hopefully knocks koscheks head off. i think nogueira has the edge on caine but it should be a good fight either way. parisyan is and always has been more mouth than anything else. glad he pulled out as his fights are always boring. sadollah and baroni is kind of interesting but sadollah should get the nod.

9. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Woot, just like their last fight, Griffin landed a lot more power shots, but this time he won

10. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yup.......this time the messed up decision went in Griffin's favor. Naturally in true Tito fashion he made excuses about being injured, but got pissed when forrest mentioned he broke his foot in training. It's always ok for Tito to whine and make excuses when he loses, but lord knows nobody else is aloud to mention anything. The only bad thing out of this fight is that it set up a rubber match that because of Tito's whining will happen for sure. It's funny on the first fight how Tito thought he won with a badly judged fight, but this time he's whining like a baby that it was opposite this time around......hahaha

How about the Johnson/Koscheck fight? Very strange, yet entertaining. Oh yeah.....reminding me. Tito whined about Kos/Johnson getting Fight of the Night and not him.....hahahaha

Overall look at UFC 106??? In my opinion, it was a good night of fights. The prelims on Spike were awesome and they was even able to get more than the 2 scheduled.

11. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Ortiz is a joke, grabbing your nuts because of a near low blow? What's up with the slapping at the end of round 1? Charging his opponent at the near start of round 2? Chasing his opponent trying to punch after round 2.

Seriously, wtf? lol

Best part of the fight, Griffins kick to Ortiz mouth knocking the mouthguard out.

Koscheck/Johnson

Koscheck was being over-dramatic, the knee did not make contact with his face, made contact with his arm which hit his face, which was funny.

Then I believe it was Johnson that got hit with a low blow or something.

12. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I can't stand Tito... I'm so glad Griffin won :cool2::cool2::cool2:

13. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Ortiz is a shame to my Mexican race, I don't accept him as a Mexican

14. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Koscheck actually caught a poke to the eye as he was going down. Not the knee he was reacting to. First look while watching looked like it was the knee though.

I agree on tito for sure!

15. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Did not know about the eye poke, I stand corrected:wink: