UFC 101

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by fishinphenom, Aug 5, 2009.

1. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Who are you guys going for? Of the main fights I'll be watching I'm going for:

BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian = BJ
    Griffin vs Silva = Silva
    Sadollah vs Hendricks = Sadollah

2. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I like BJ over florian; Forrest over Silvia :cross:. And I am not sure about the last fight, I don't remember seeing those two before.

Ultimatly I want a good show, regardless of who wins.

3. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Im callin for bj and forrest. Man i hope forest can whip him. That would make my nite. I hate silva. Like said just hope for a good night of brawlin:wink:

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I don't want to see Silva get upset due to that derailing future possibilities. If Silva continues to win at 205, Imagine a Silva vs Machida bout for the belt. That would be awesome. I think Silva wins and BJ wins, but I would like to see Kenflo submit him. Should be a really good card though.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gotta go with bj, silva and sadollah. I want kenflo and forrest to win but I dont see it happening but Im always underestimating forrest, prove me wrong forrest!!!

6. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Run forrest RUN!!!, and he did right out of the ring after getting embarassed by silva.:sad2: Sadollah got ko'd but some may say its an early stoppage. Videos are on the net if ya search for em. Still waiting on results for the penn florian fight. Seems like a pretty lackluster card. Id rather watch strikeforce!:wink:

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    how long did the silva/griffin fight last.

8. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    3 or 3 and a half minutes tops. Forrest didnt stand a chance, thought he might have some chance if he tried leg kicks but dont remember him throwing one. OH yeah, florian got choked out in the fourth i think, havent watched it yet.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    ahh can't believe both guys i wanted to win lost. thought for sure it was florians time. he just can't seem to take it to the next level in championship fights. thought that griffin would at least make it to the third round.

10. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    wow i just watched the video of the griffin/silva fight. that may have been the most emberassing thing i have ever watched. silva literally made griffin look like he had never been in a fight before. no wonder griffin ran out of the ring (which was pretty classless). i know griffin isn't the greatest but all he could muster were a few leg kicks and jabs and was nowhere near landing a punch. about the only thing he hit was the canvas three times. he may never be the same fighter after that one. he was totally outclassed in every respect.

11. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Had to rewatch it and now I see why I dont remember any leg kicks from forrest. He threw them at half power, if that. It was like he was out there just to get ko'd. Heck everything was half arsed by forrest. From what Ive seen so far of ufc 101 they put on better cards on spike.:sad2:

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Now the question is who's up next against em. Forrest totally was out classed a bit surprised here.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree.... So who is next???

14. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Man that sure didnt seem like the forrest Ive seen before. I cant belive he pretty much gave in. I dont see any major threats for him at 205 neither. I think he can beat rashad, machita. I would like to see him go up agianst rampage but i dont think rampage has the ground game of silva. This could be real interesting guys. Dont care for silva but he will go down in the history books no doubt.

15. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive heard hendo gets another shot at silva next.

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hendo and Silva......:eek:oooh: That be a good one:wink:

17. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    yep id like to see the rematch of thatn too

18. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  19. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    have seen on a few sites people are saying the fight was rigged. don't think it was but if it would come out i wouldn't be suprised. griffin really did not look like he was trying for the most part, did not seem like himself at all. the punch that ended the fight was not all that hard by the looks of it,then when he was down his arm was waveing like he was giving up. then him running off like that and not showing up for press conference afterwards. no one has seen or heard from him since. then it is said silva wants togive up his belt and move up to 205 where all the big money fights would be. like i said i don't think they would rig it up but there sure were alot of strange things going on during and after the fight.

20. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    The "rigged" idea defintely crossed my mind. But I can't see it really happening. I've always been a huge Silva fan, and I believe he's just that good! :smile2: Griffin can take a punch, but i've never seen him as a technical, or accurate fighter. I didn't believe he had a chance against Silva.
    Before the fight, I said that Griffin would have to change his fighting style to get a win. He's a stand in your face, and keep coming kind of a fighter.... Perfect for Silva. We all saw Leben vs. Silva. If your going to get wreckless and try and drive at Silva, you're going to get ripped apart with his accuracy.
    I for one, can't wait to see Silva stand against another opponent.