UFC 100 what are your picks?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Jun 25, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    1. Lesnar vs Mir - Im going with Lesnar, hopefully he learned from his first fight with mir. Would love to see lesnar show off a rear naked choke or arm bar submission but I really doubt thats going to happen. Though if mir wins it'll be another sub.

2. GSP vs Thiago Alves - Dont know much about alves but hear he's pretty good. Gotta go with the one I know, GSP.

3. Dan Henderson vs Mike Bisping - After watching the TUF show, I want hendo to destroy bisping.

4. Mark Coleman vs Stephan Bonner - Going with the hammer on this one, just dont care for bonner.

Feel free to add some of the matches I didnt, these are the only ones I can remember. BTW, fights are july 11.

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    1. I really want Mir to win agian for the simple fact i can't stand Lesner. I don't know if it is his cockyness or that he was a "fighter" on the WWE.

2.GSP but Alves is a beast and has great skill.

3.I have always liked Henderson so i'm going with him. That and he shares my name!

4. I am undecided on this fight. I like Bonner but Colman is a powerhouse. Either way it will be a good fight.

3. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Lesnar, GSP, Dan henderson, Stephan bonnar. GSP is just unreal dont really like him but he is the best p4p imo. Hope henderson put bisbing in a coma. stephan better win agianst coleman. His last fight agianst shogun was absolutely pathetic. .02:big_smile:

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bonner couldn't whip his way out of a wet paper bag. One good fight in his career, and that fight could be summed up as neither fighter had the power to finish the fight. I think he's a gonner. :smile2:

5. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Not saying stephan is a great fighter by anymeans. Just hope he wins. We all seen how good mark coleman is when he isnt all juiced up in his fight agianst shogun. In his day coleman was a bad dude no doubt. But after he leaned up agianst the cage and layed on the ground for 2 rounds and didnt hardly throw a puch shows me just how good a clean mark coleman is. Agian just my 02 cents.:wink:

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    John Fitch will be fighting that night also...he's fighting Paulo Thiago (the guy who knocked out Josh Koscheck in his ufc debut...

7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Man.. This card has some must-see fights, for sure.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree, MUST SEE!

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

AMEN!!!!!!! Beautifully spoken!!

10. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    Mir vs. Lesnar - I'm a fan of Lesnar so I'll pick him, I think he gets too much crap for being an ex-professional wrestler. Either way I'm interested to see where both of these guys are at. Lesnar has improved a lot and Mir seems to be coming back to his old form. even though I wasn't that impressed with Mir's win over Nog.

GSP vs. Alves - GSP is one of my favorite fighters so this is an easy pick. Alves is a very tough dude though. I hope this is a five round war. I'm also interest to see how Alves' weight cut goes.

Henderson vs. Bisping - I'm not really a fan of either of these guys. Henderson has the experience and Bisping has the hype. I would pick Henderson but his willingness to throw that right hand haymaker until the end of time could be what loses this match for him.

Coleman vs. Bonnar - Coleman says he has been trying to become more well rounded and I hope so. I think Coleman has the tools to get it done but I'm not sure about the gas tank. I'll take Coleman.

Fitch vs. Thiago - I think Thiago got lucky against Koscheck, I don't think he will get that lucky against Fitch. Fitch knows how to stick to a game plan. Thiago is supposed to have some awesome BJJ and he will have plenty of chances to use it. I'll take Fitch.

11. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    1. If Mir doesn't get hit by a lucky haymaker he should win the fight.
    2. Alves is just mean and I think he will be more than GSP can handle. I don't think GSP has fought anybody this good and aggressive, I'm going Alves.
    3. As much as I hate to see it happen I have to go Bisping, Henderson just seems to be showing his age and Bisping always seems to have the judges in his corner (remember when the def guy Hamel whipped his butt but didn't win the fight).
    4. Coleman, Bonner just has never really impressed me.

12. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i agree that mir should win, but i think gsp has shown to improve on every fight and has it down to an art, so i am taking him.

I can't wait. beer and fighting woot

p.s. mir also has the advantage of having a win against lesner

13. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mir.
    GSP
    Hendo
    Fitch

Nuff' said, i have to fight the same night, so i might miss a little bit of it lol but its should be one heckuva card. history in the making lol

14. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't watched Countdown To UFC 100 yet, but one of my coworkers brought up the UFC site on his Iphone today at work, and they had listed Randy Couture Vs. Noguerra!!! First I heard of it. I hope it's a reality. Love to watch Randy fight!

15. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO

Thats what it says. I see randy dominating him. If im right this is the last of his 3 fights he has left on his contract.

16. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    mir got lucky in the first one. Lesner was whooping his arse in the first one until the ref stepped in. Mir won't be as lucky this time.

Alves will win this one with a knockout.

Henderson vs. Bisping. Toss-up. Dan is getting old and Bising is coming into his prime. Won't be surprised is Henderson pulls this one out, though.

17. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    How many hammer fists to the back of the head when dealing with a man that size? If someone is just pitter-pattering around on someones head, but not doing any damage...eh...nobody's gonna get hurt. Brock can smash a skull. You're right, though, Mir got lucky he could still focus enough to get the submission. That part was skillful, I thought.

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have never been a big fan of Mir in all honesty so Im not on his band wagon...him pulling that knee bar out on Lesnar was a testament to how many hours that guy must spend on the mat...we always get told that training when you are the most tired is the best training because it will force you to focus on skill rather than strength. If he could spot a submission depsite being pounded like that...no luck there...thats all skill (in my opinion). Lesnar was just lesser skilled guy that night. He gave one of his limbs to a BJJ black belt and found out what happnes when you do that:wink:.

19. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    great point but that shows how good Mir is; he kept it together while taking an absolute beating and pulled out that kneebar, to beat Lesnar is his pro debut; that says quite a bit

20. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think mir was lucky the ref stood it up after one, maybe two shots to the back of the head. Looked like mir turned into them anyway. Mir is great on subs but he has a few losses, one to brandon vera and a couple I cant remember, though he might have returned too early. I dont understand all the hate towards brock, when he lost he did it with class, imho. Watch out if brock learns some subs or sub defense. Smash him Lesnar!!!!