U think this would work for a fishing boat?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by daniel-delarosa, Mar 29, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I bought this little seadoo boat for noodling cause it can go in very shallow water since it has twin 85hp jet engines instead of a prop. I had to sell one of my boats a few months back and I chose to keep the seadoo. I figured it would be easier to handle since I fish alone most of the time anyways.
    but my bright idea hit a snag. I have no live well, pole holders, or anywhere to mount a trolling motor!

Attached Files:

2. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    If it puts you on the water then i say fish till you drop

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I agree with mudcat, you should not have any issues with that boat.

4. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    As long as you can get out on the water it really doesnt matter what your on just get to fishing. Nice looking seadoo by the way.

5. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just my opinion but the bait or livewell aspect will take up some vital space. I had this problem on my jon boat and just put extra cleats around the edge and used stringers.

But got rid of that boat and moved up to a 20' pontoon... having custom console fabricated with 35 gallon bait tank and 60 gallon livewell.

Good luck, looks like you'll be able to get into space most people can't go.

6. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    fish it till it dont float no more....i have thought about buying a jet ski to get to some of the flats here in our bays to catch redfish and flounder....you can always add rodholders to it and like mentioned before, just use stringers instead of a live well

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I used to see a gentleman trolling riding a jet ski for several years. He had a
    long rod out on each side and the first time I seen him he was quite a ways off and I could not figure out what the heck was coming towards me. But he always caught his share of walleye and crappie.
    Bill

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like you got the beginnings of a good fishing boat.

It seems really open so you got lots of room for a small boat to work with. I'd first look at making that storage in the floor into a livewell. Then build a mount on the front for a trolling motor. Then I would get the rod holders that fit flush but would have to open holes into the top edges of the rail. I'd stick a fishing seat and pedistal up front too.

I never thought of using one of these boats for fishing, but you gave me a new idea since it will go in shallow water better. It's got possibilities!

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Seems like a towed livewell/baitwell would be in order for that boat. Just make a flatbottomed sled with a turned-up nose to tow behind the boat. Rig the floatation on the upper part of it so when you stop, it sinks down into the water enough to keep the fish/bait alive. I've been thinking about making one for my 16' Lowe Bigjon because the built-in livewell isn't large enough to keep more than a few fish alive; 4 of us in the boat bringing back only 1/2 limit each means 20 fish in the livewell. The water just isn't that deep in my livewell.

10. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey, a good idea Jerry. It is raining so I'll try out making something this weekend with your post in mind.
    Bill

11. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Looks fine to me. Congrats. Remember, necessity is the mother of invention. You got the "boat" part out of the way:wink: the rest will come.

Jon

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Maybe you could think about draggin a dinghy....:smile2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If cats and dogs didn't have fur would we still pet them?