U.S. MARINE....U.S. HERO!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Jun 20, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    When i think of people that I've looked up to in my life, I can't think of very many. One of those that I have in my life happens to be alot younger than me. It seemed like he had just graduated from high school and was on a plane for basic training. The day he and sagent dugger got into the car and pulled out of the driveway was a day filled with sorrow, laughter, doubt and hope! It's been nearly 3 years now and my lil bro has seen the world and seen many horrible things. He's had good and bad times while serving this country and is a veteran at only 21 yrs old. LCPL Timothy Kozfkay served 11.5 months in Iraq as a point man, demolitions, mortar man and things that he and I don't like to talk about. He told us stories about sleeping on the desert sands w/ camel spiders and how he felt about his first kill. He rarely slept and was lucky to wash up even if it was with bottled water. He took a bullet in the back from a ricochet and kept it a secret from the family so that he did'nt worry us but shared horrific stories about things he had to deal with over seas. I just wanted to let everyone know how lucky they are to be in this country.
    The next time you're in a traffic jam, be thankfull your not in full gear sitting behind a 50 cal. weapon in 110 degree heat for hours. Be thankful that our average work day is around 8-10 hours, he dose'nt get a day off let alone a short work day. Be thankful our kids can go outside and play without fear of I.E.D's and crossfire or stray bullets. I know that I'm grateful that I can have a bible in my possesion without being beheaded or imprisoned. I could go on and on with a vast amount of opinions and short stories but would rather leave it short and simple. My lil bro still has just over a year to go before his so called contract is up and I think it's way too long. We have thousands and thousands of our nations loved ones fighting for not only our freedom, but the worlds freedom. Here are a few pics of a true hero and stand up citizen of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA. God bless all of our troops!............Rick.

Attached Files:

2. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    here's a few more pics!

Attached Files:

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    tell your bro thanks for all he does & is doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and come home safe so he can tell stories stateside w/a beer & bbq...........

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thank him for me. Wish him luck!! Semper-fi

5. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Your brother and his fellow marines past and present are all HERO'S in my book. Thank your brother for me next time you talk to him and let him know I appreciate what he does for this great country!!!

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Tell your little brother "THANK YOU".

7. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Thanks everyone! Hey did you notice the writing on the gun turrit? It say, IRAQI CAMERA, LOOK HERE, SMILE AND WAIT FOR FLASH......LOL!

8. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Thanks for the post Rick. It is too easy for us to forget what they are going thru over there protecting us and our freedoms. I salute your little Bro. Tell him he is much appreciated. We will keep him and his buddies in our prayers.

don3778

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tell your bro thank you from a lot of people. USA just dont know what they owe these young people. The sacrafices they make daily is tremendous.

10. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I was just thinking! If anyone has a family member that is currently serving our country or has served in the past, post some details and some pics. Kind of a testimonial/ tribute to them all............thanks........Rick.

11. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Brother, just wanted to tell you to tell your Brother and all his Commrades THANK YOU for all that he has endured in order to protect the freedoms of this GREAT NATION!! I don't have any pics but I have an Uncle that was in the Army for 28 years and was forced to retire after the 1st Desert Sheild. He always tells me and a few of my cousins a few stories but he won't really say to much and during New Years and the 4th of July he usually puts his head phones on and stays inside. He don't like to hear the fireworks. I thank him everytime that we talk and he knows where I stand when it comes to standing up for this Great Country that we all call Home. I BLEED RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!!!:cool2: He was really P worded off and disappointed when I wasn't allowed to get into the Military like I wanted to but he knew that I would help out any way possible. I live close to Fort Hood and have a friend who's husband is in Iraq so I usually send a care package through her... seems the least that I can do since it is my freedoms that they are fighting for! Like I said I am willing to do as much as possible for the GREAT PEOPLE that are fighting for this Nation that I LOVE!!! Thanks for posting this thread Bro!!

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    tell your lil brother to "get some" for another marine. been there, done that, hats off.

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Thanks for reminding everyone, its not a job for wimps. I appreciate what he is doin and dealin with. A BIG THANKS from me and Semper Fi.

When I would write to my nephew over there I always told him thanks and thank all his guys for me. He don't say much but after a few beers he does open up a little. Drawer full of medals he don't care about. Really just a pain in the hind end at inspection time.

Physically he will probably recover, but has learned that he can't drink beer no more, its not compatible with the meds. The hardest thing is comin back and no one notices or seems to care. Hopin to go fishin with him tonite

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    god keep your bro safe.hats off to him and all