U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers land

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Big B, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I just wanted to know how many fellow BOC members hunt the U.S. Army Corp.of Engineers land. If you have, what have you harvested. Where do you hunt? How many hunters do you see in a season breaking the rules? Also are there an abundance of animals? I hunt Grapevine And Lewisville lakes in north Texas. I got a pig last year while stalking a deer. I saw some great bucks and more pigs than I cancount. However the spot I like to hunt is 10ft under water due to flooding and the fact that they are only letting out 75 gallons per second.

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    have not seen any rule breakers, but I try to stay away from folks, the lands are great places to find deer and hog.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i used to bowhunt corps land in south central al. when i was hunting there, it was pretty nice. only a handfull of guys, and we all new each other. i killed a few does, and plenty of hawgs. missed some nice bucks, but hey i was new to bowhunting then and i got the fever. the land was real nice, and we all used to go up there and camp for the whole weekend.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I hunt the Corp. ground around Tablerock some. I use to hunt on Beaver. If your willing to take the effort to launch before daylite and take those cold rides it can/will pay off. The same applys to turkey hunting. You can cover much more ground by water than you'll ever cover on foot. I try to get a map an find where i can approach by water an be the fartherest away from any incoming roads. I usually carry a rod in the boat jus incase the wind gets up or simply get tired of hunting.

5. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I truly love to hunt Corp. property. But here in the last few years its getting bad. The property I hunt is archery only for deer and hogs. Last year I ran into several people hunting with rifles. A lot of people don't wear their blaze orange. I was sitting in a blind last year and had 2 guys with long guns circle around my blind. They were a few hundred yds out. They were glassing me as they circled around. At first they were to my left and then infront of me. One guy was talking to some one on the phone while standing in front of me. When I saw them come out of the woods to my right and start headind behind me there were 3 of them. I packed up and got the hell out of there. When I shot my pig last year there was a guy acting suspicious walking around with a shotgun near his truck. When he saw me he put his gun up. Come to find out he had just shot a pig with a slug on the Corp. property. Slugs are not allowed on the property. Had I got there when I had planed, I might have gotten shot. He shot that 160# pig right where I was heading. He told me that he had just stumbled across them. I had been watching the pig activity for weeks right there. If you do hunt Corp. land be careful because you don't know who is hunting out there and what their intentions are.