U.F.C. - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by catfishcrazyjr, Jun 2, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    do we have any ufc fans in here?

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yep lol

its great,

did u see that fight with that russian dude and i think it was tito ortiz?

i wanted to watch that 1

3. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    I watch them every chance I get but I'm too cheap to buy the PPV's.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yup, like the PPV's and the show on Thursday Nights. Been watching it ever since #1. Gracie and Shamrock.

My High School wrestling coash was a big UFC fan, got us all hooked.

5. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    The Guys I Work With And Myself Are Huge UFC Fans, Although I'm More Of An "Old School" UFC Fan, I Enjoyed It When Their Was No Rules And No Time Limits.

6. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I like UFC a lot but I see some really tough guys in the pride fighting as well

7. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the UFC fights.. I did like to older ones better no rule no rounds just keep fighting till someone drops.
    The fight the other night was pretty good with the Tattoo'd guy but i like it when they get 2 grapplers(spelling?) fighting & trying to get the other into the submission holds....like Royce Gracie...
    Go to the video store and get one of his old fights... now thats entertainment!!!
    Todd

8. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    Who won Huges or Gracie ?????????????
    who do you guys think going to win uf 3
    If ED stays healthy he will win i think

9. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    Hughes beat Gracie and I'm glad. I can't stand Gracie.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I like Gracie, and I always have. I think he's represented the UFC well. Back in the early 90's when nobody had ever heard of the UFC, he was the one I would rent the videos to watch. I just couldn't believe that little Brazilian fella could whip all of them giants.

That being said, I like Matt Hughes better. I think he's a much more well-rounded fighter and the guy is strong as an ox. I didn't think Gracie would be able to hang with him, and I was right. Hughes kicked his butt all over the ring.

Jerrod

11. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Well put Jerrod. That's how I felt to. Ya gotta at least respect Gracie though.

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    UFC, Pride, K-1, you name it! I try not to miss an episode of Ultimate fighter, though I liked last season better.

13. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    Yeah I'm glad Matt won
    Gracie thought he was the best nobody could touch him
    yeah he built that house but other fighters moved in
    I respect him he is an awesome fighter but every fighter loses a fight
    thats when they know its time to retire

14. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    UFC, K-1 and Pride fan here. I like Pride the best, way better fighters.

15. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I'm a pride fighting fan. I love the soccer kicks. UFC has been stopping fights to early for me. There is also strikeforce which is pretty good. We have a lot of UFC fighters around here, so it's very big here in the bay area.

16. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Ufc Is The Ultimate Sport. Those Guys Who Do It Have That Wildest Commitment To Getting Smashed In The Head. Not Me Tho I Think I Will Just Set Back And Watch.
    Go Chuck Lidell Aka "the Iceman"

17. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah Chuck is my fav too, and im happy for Hughes beating Gracie, but i like Gracie's personality better he dose show everyone respect after the fight, ive only seen Hughes do that a few times and thats only when he lost or barely won. but im glad for him Gracie is a great fighter, how did he win, standing or on the ground?

18. TeamPunishment

TeamPunishment New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sorry it took me so long to ever see this thread. Yep I'm a big fan, I got to meet joe riggs about a month ago.. any of you guys who ever see any adds for MMA events in Oklahoma need to go check them out, especially if they are put on by N-D-N promotions, thats by buddy and I'm fighting for him at 145. He puts on some awesome shows. And for any shamrock fans on here, Ken sucks and I can't wait to see Tito beat his face in again..TeamPunishment!

19. TeamPunishment

TeamPunishment New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    IDK about that, Gracie was very disrespectful back in the day when guys would tap and he wouldnt let go until Big John actually pryed him off. Hughes is a very respectful guy and is extremely talented

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

like most of you I started watching in the 90's. And I was lucky enough to actually know one the guys that was on one of the tapes Jerry "Blue Diamond" Bell. Who has since passed away. I still enjoy the matches even with all the rules and weight divisions makes it more of a sport. Now guys like Tank Abbott aren't beating the fire out of guys that weigh 100-150 + lbs less than them, no disrespect meant to Tank that's just the first name that popped into my tiny tiny mind.