U.F.C. Nation

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Cattoo, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    any UFC fans out there? it is currently my favorite sport and i can't get enough of it. my favorite fighters are randy couture, chuck liddell, matt sera and roger huerta.

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Yeah! I've just recently started getting into it! I love it.

Tom

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yeah I love the UFC, boxing is boring anymore.

5. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Crocop is pretty bad but that russian dude..swlvnswkysvvrr or something like that.. man he is solid as a brick wall..watched him knock out a guy one night and while the guy was falling face first to the mat he clocked him again on the way down right on th chin....so fast I had to slow it down just to see what had happened..

6. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Crocop is probably my favorite. He kicked a$$ in Pride, but has not done as well in the UFC.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Randy Cotoure for President! LMAO! UFC rocks. There's so much good competition these days, that you just don't know what's gonna happen. I love Chuck too, but all week before the Keith Jardine fight, I was sayin' that Chuck was gonna lose. Mostly just to p*ss off my friends who are Chuck fans. Low and behold, he got beat. I would not have bet money on that fight, but I bet a whole bunch of Chuck fans are out some cash now. Who'da thought? Guess you can't just rely on one good punch anymore. Gotta be a well rounded fighter to be successful in UFC. I hope Matt Hughes puts the smack down on Serra. My favorite new fighter is Nate Diaz. I hope he does well, and goes far. He's got alot of heart, and his jujitsu is awesome. Tons of fun to watch. When I first started watching UFC, I wasn't too much into the ground game. I wanted the fighters to stand, and bang. Now I realize that if I want to watch boxing, I can watch boxing if I want to. MMA is much more than boxing, or wrestling, or ground and pound. I like to see skill, and am more into the technical aspects of the fight more so than I was.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i rent almost every pay per view . and watch it every time its on. plus record most too . i new chuck was going down . to much competition now . my boy forrest griffen is moving up though. hes one tugh dude. krokop in my eyes sucks. i have only watched his ufc fights. and so far he looks like a joke . i never liked that chuck kinda sites back and waits for a one punch thing. the knock out . i want to see him fight hard for 5 rounds and beat disersity . i like him just not on the bad wagon really . i wish the boc had a place just to discuse ufc .lol if they do and i'm blind to it . please let me know

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I love UFC, It is a much better product than boxing. In UFC there seems to be less cupcake matches for the fighters. In boxing it seems like they save the really big matches for PPV and those are few and far between. That is too much like the WWE.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I cant believe Chuck lost to Jardine? Whats happened to Chuck? I like the Ultimate Fighter show too, they are getting some good talent out of those shows. Im wanting to see Forest vs. Tito rematch. Id like to see a place on the board for UFC, MMA and boxing stuff too.

11. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Liddell is my fav, but he is going downhill as of right now. THe compitition is getting rougher than it was a year 2-3 years ago when he was unstoppable. He can bounce back if he trys but if he goes into the fight with his earlier sucessful "Im gunna knock him out, no question." attitude he wont go any farther than his last 2 fights have taken him. Heath Herring is my other fav fighter since i cant decide between him and liddell, hes an excellent fighter that hasnt realized that yet. if you ask me within the next 8 fights, hell be the new talk of the UFC. then in next 10 years, you guys will be hearing about the new Heavyweight Champ JAYSON HAMBLEN!:smile2:

12. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I love both UFC and Pride Fighting, i've been involved in mma sence i was 12 (kenpo/BJJ) but i have been taking a slight break for the last year to really get settled into my job. I thought about taking up some Krav Maga as well as gettin back into the BJJ. Im more of an unorthodox striker more than anything, i like to keep it changed up and unpredictable.

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What happened to Chuck? Well, the Dean of Mean hacked him down one leg kick at a time. Not to mention those brutal body kicks. Chuck is supposed to be a kick boxer. I think he is just a boxer, or he woulda counter checked those kicks, and threw a few of his own. He doesn't bother himself to make any points because so far, he hasn't had to. This was the first fight Chuck has been in that went to decision. Keith took a couple of good punches to the head, but it wasn't enough to stop him. Chuck is a great fighter, but he will have to come back with a new strategy. That good sprawl, and KO power isn't gonna cut it any more. His fights are predictable, and his opponents are capitalizing on his weaknesses such as not worrying about points, and properly defending himself. Here's how you defeat Chuck...Don't charge him right off the bat. Don't stay still very long, and hang out in his strike zone. Don't allow him to control the octagon by stalking you into a corner. Kick him in the legs and ribs repeatedly. Keith is a very tough opponent. He could be wearing that belt soon. I'd like to see him pound on Rampage!!!

I've been watching human weapon lately. I saw the episode on Krav Maga. Is that actually tought here, or do you have to join the Isreali army? LMAO. That kind of self defense is all about killin'.:smile2:

14. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kat, Its taught here but not in many places, its extreamly hard to find a good school that teaches it, but once you get in and start learning its really fun and worth learning, even just the basics.