Type of sinker for creek fishing w/ khales.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Sep 13, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Went out tonite had 1 big channel on but lost him. I missed a ton of bites due to late hook-ups which sucked. Anyways I was using one ounce egg sinkers. when using a khale should I be using a non-slip sinker style or will the fish still hook himself with the slip egg sinker? Obviously I was doing something wrong. Any help would be great as I'm going out again tomorrow!

Thanks,

Tom

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya should use a sinker thats gonna keep your bait where ya want it. Them hooks sharp that ya are usein and is the hook point exposed enough for a good hook set?

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Yeah the hooks are sharp and I'm pretty sure they were exposed. I was using liver. Oh well I guess I'll just have to try again tonite.

Tom

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Are you using a slip sinker?The style hook really doesnt matter unless you are using circles which you arent.Are you using a clicker?Here is what I would do.I dont know if you are fishing from the bank or not but DO NOT use a slip sinker.I know ,I have heard all about if the fish feels the weight he'll drop the hook etc etc stuff also.I dont believe it for a minute,at least not in my experience.Use a regular sinker with your Kahles.Put the rod(s) firmly in a holder and turn the clicker off!!!.That way when the fish picks up the bait and goes he loads the rod and sets the hook.I dont know how you are using the liver but if you put it in panty hose (see BOC library) they wont be able to get it off.Good luck.:big_smile:

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i tend to disagree with th panty hose theory. in my experience with panty hose, you load it up, tie it off, hook it, cast it out, wait 30 minutes, check your baits and when you get them in all you have is pantyhose and no liver. but it is a good idea. as far as your sinkers go, i would set up a 3-way rig, with a no roll sinker. this is a great combination and whn the fish moves of he loads up the rod himself

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks for the tips guys, I am going out tonite after I put the starter in my truck I will let you all know how I do!

Tom