Tyme and the telemarketers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tyme2fish, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Anyone heard of Tom Mabe? Well this was my version recently.

Caller: Hello. May I speak to Tyme?
    Me: This is Tyme. Who is calling please?
    Caller: This is so and so calling from the Indiana Chiefs of Police Association.
    Me: I swear I paid those warrants!! I don't want to go to jail!!
    Caller: No. I'm not calling about anything like that. I'm calling to ask..
    Me: Do you want money?
    Caller: Well, we are asking donations for...
    Me: I already told you I spent all my money on those last warrants and don't have a dime to my name.
    Caller: Thank you. Click

Second Call(Automated voice) Please remain on the line while this call is completed.

Tyme: I remain on the line to hear what is going to happen.
    Caller: (With an obvious Bangladesh/Indian accent). Ollo. This is Steve. To Cynthia (my wife's made up name) may I speak.
    Tyme: This is Cynthia.
    Caller: You are Cynthia? To me you do not sound like a Cynthia.
    Tyme: Hey, you called me and now you disrespect me by making fun of my name!!!
    Caller: Oh, so sorry am I. Please forgive me. I am calling...
    Tyme: Hey "Steve" or whatever your real name is, I don't care why you're calling. You're wasting my time and disrespecting my name!! I then say some things that can't be repeated here and hear the phone click. He hasn't tried to call "Cynthia" since.

Yes. I am on the Do Not Call list but lately we have started to receive calls from outside the U.S.A.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I usually dont get past "not interested" then I hang up LOL

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree I immediately hang up. I'm on the no call list but no one pays any attention to that. Scams--Scams

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No joke two days ago the IDEA,,, Indiana Drug Enforcement Agency called and was wanting something.... I told the guy I don't need any drugs today, and hung up.

5. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
  6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The Do Not Call List has some teeth in AR. I got 2 calls from this TV dish outfit. I complained to the AR Attorney General. In a few weeks I got a registered letter from the Attorney Generals office asking if I would appear in court about the phone calls. I said , you bet, just let me know when. Never heard anymore or got any more calls from the TV dish people.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good goin,Tyme. They usually dont call me but once. I kept getting a call two or three times a week on my cellphone about auto warranty,The last time I just said,Look I'm having great SEX and I aint got time for this just now.....:smile2:I havnt been called back either:cool2:,By the way I was in a concrete truck,busting concrete out of the drum with a jackhammer at the time :smile2:

8. dangerman

dangerman New Member

State:
    Mo.
    lol thats pretty funny

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im on do not call list and got a call the other week from some acting class BS. It was a five minute long prerecorded message. Well they just happenened to be a few blocks away from my work so I paid them a visit after work. I walked into there office with my portable Ryobi radio on full blast. The ladie started yelling at me to turn it off, I responded by saying you wasted five minutes of my cell service and Im on the do not call list so Im wasting five minutes of your acting class. They threatened to call the cops, I said go ahead. So after five minutes I just left. I also filed a complaint with donotcall.gov They didnt call the cops by the way. :smile2:

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have got so I don't answer if I don't know the number but a few years back I told one I was late to a funeral and I had to go when they said sorry I said yeah it is mine and hung up they did not call back

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    how much yall pay for the do not call list.
    I got caller ID ,and a answering machine that comes with the phone. that useally works for me. Cell Phone, if they aint on the list, they dont get answered and I dont do voice mail.
    heck my friends are lucky I answer much less someone I dont know.
    In other words, I use my own ingore button.
    But long time back, I did have plenty of fun with some of the callers. They didnt like me. LOL

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Dano, just go to donotcall.gov and register, its free but takes 30 days to activate. If someone calls you after that you can register a complaint for free. Ive reported a few dozen so far.

13. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The other day I'm watching TV and my daughter is on the computer when the phone rings. She answers, says "Hello, hold on I'll get him." Then she lies the phone down on the desk and goes on about her computing. When I ask her who is on the phone she says some telemarketer looking for you. I say ok, and continue watching TV. After about 4 minutes the phone starts that beeping sound that it make when it's off the hook. She reaches over hangs it up and tells me, I think it's rude to just hang up on them so I wait till they hang up first. That reminds me, I have to raise her allowance.:big_smile: