Tyler, Texas anybody?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by veryama1975, Nov 24, 2008.

1. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Hi anybody from the Tyler, Texas area?

My wife is a travel nurse & she just got a job in Tyler, Texas. We will be heading out this Friday & we'll be staying down in your neck of the woods for at least three months this winter. I thought I'd check & see if any of you guys had any places for rent or knew of any.

We would like a place with at least 2 bedrooms. We would prefer it to be kind of in the country or at least small town. Also, we'd like someplace that's not much more than 30 to 45 minutes from the hospital in Tyler. We will be bringing 2 jack russel terriers with us.

We don't need anything really fancy or expensive because, for the last several years, we have been living in a single wide trailer that has seen better days. However, my wife doesn't like living in a mobile home so an actual house would be preferred. Although, if it's a nice enough mobile home & has a decent enough rent we may consider it.

Furnished or partially furnished would be nice (at least with a fridge).

Also, if it could be within walking distance to good catfishing water that would be a real plus for me! LOL:smile2:

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I live about 1 hr from Tyler. We dont have any rental properties, but I would suggest looking around the Lindale area. It is about 20 minutes from the hospital in Tyler. It is also a very nice area to live. From there, you are within an hour from many great fishing lakes for many different species. For catfish, I would suggest Tawakoni. It is one of the best, if not the best catfish lake in the state.

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Gary,thanks for stealing my exact words out of my mouth. Lindale is a great area,and Tawakoni is one hell of a good lake. Whan you get down here,hollar at us local guys. I'm sure one of us can show you around some of these lakes.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey Matt, dont live anywhere close to Tyler but check craigslist in the apt/housing section for that area, seems everything is about 700 to 1100 a month!!!! there were a couple of fixer uppers that need alot of work for free rent....

5. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Thanks for the ideas on finding a place to rent but we decided to just use the apartment that the nursing agency supplies. We take home less money that way but we save a lot of headaches & don't have to deal with utility bills.

I would still be interested in hearing from anybody in the Tyler area that would like to go fishing with me or just to talk about fishing & life in Tyler, Texas.