Tying Knots

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by FourEyes45, Mar 16, 2007.

1. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well when your ol hand joints get stiff it makes tieing knots difficult. I found a tool at Boaters world that helps a little, its made by Dubro called Kwik Tie Hook Sneller. Also started using a small vice to hold the hooks .
    Hope all has a great and safe weekend.
    Walter

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Walter I'm starting to relate to the stiffness you write about. That tool may be a big help. Thanks for sharing. All help appreciated.:big_smile:

3. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Keep it simple. There is really only one knot that you really need to know in catfishing.. It is the Palomar Knot for everything. It is really that easy.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Vince I agree with the palomar knot. I also like to snell the hooks.:lol: :big_smile:

5. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I agree, thats all I use for catfishing, but for smaller mono for bluegill and shad fishing all I use is the improved clinch.

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
  7. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You can use the Palomar for your rigs as you have to think different now in tying them. You tie your rig up first starting with the hook. Then determine how much line you want on the rig tying on your swivel. Then put your weight on the main line and or bead then Palomar on your rig. This takes abit to get used to using this system. Practice with a few rigs that are 6 inches to get the hang of it as you have to make the loop bigger for the hook to come through with the swivel knot. The practice comes in handy as you will then have to take into effect the size of your knot will depend on when you tie it down the extra line syndrome. This is back wards as most will put the weight and bead on then tie the swivel to the main line. Then the leader part as you will not be able to tie a Palomar to the swivel since you would have to run your pole and all through the knot.. The other way solves that problem. The main reason I do this is you will have solid knots that are the same and no excuses for any of them to come loose.