Tyger River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by killerporkchops, Jul 16, 2009.

1. killerporkchops

killerporkchops New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Has anyone ever heard of catching any catfish anywhere at the tyger river? I've read that they are in there from one of the websites listing what kind of fish are in there, but I've never actually seen where anyone has said they actually have done it. If so, what do you use? Also, there is a spot that I've seen people fishing where highway 29 crosses over the river right near that furniture liquidators place. If anyone has any info on this please let me know as well.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I haven't heard anything but I think its because it has such limited access. Its not easy to fish and its not really deep from what little I have heard.

3. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    you an carolina jackass dont know shit becouse you have to go fishing to have info to post

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    WTH??

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Last night I spoke with a co-worker that kayaks Tyger River and he said the water was so low it would be tough to kayak. He also said that they haven't found any catfish bigger than 2 lbs in any of the deeper holes they have fished. If you could get in to the lake thats along Hwy 29 you might could find a few catfish a little bigger. As far as anybody I've asked knows it will be channel cats and bullheads.