Tyger River Lake Proposal

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by sarSWAMPFOX, Nov 27, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Union County is propossing a lake on the Tyger River & Fairforest Creek. The propossed ( Patriot Lake ) will be damming the Tyger River just below where the Fairforest Creek joins. It is said that it will cover 5000 acres. I was wondering how people feel about this. I have read that there are those that are protesting the lake. Most people here in Union that I talk to are all for it. All the protesters live outside of Union County that I know of. Just wanted to see how the members of the BOC feel about it. I would like to post this as a poll but I'm not sure how to. So let me know by replying YES to the lake or NO to the lake. Thanks JD

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yes for me, I dont see where it would hurt but I'm sure somebody will tell us what it will.:wink:

3. pog2

pog2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yes for me, There's nothing like another lake to fish in.Maybe it will get more people to fish and take their kids fishing.:wink:

4. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Well the hurt would be the damage eco system by damming a river and putting water where water isn't supposed to be, but I am all for more lakes and hydroelectric power so I would say yes to a new lake.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Yes for me too. Change is what makes the world a better place to live.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i would say yes also,sounds like it would be good for the union area

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds good to me. There has been talk about a dam on the pee dee above I95 for years and I wish they would you wouldnt be able to beat me off that lake.

8. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    finally some good news on more lakes, and for those that dont think we need one look at all of the lake levels now, low water or maybe no water

9. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    it's kinda hard to make a good fair choice on this issue without hearing both sides of the debate...however i would say yes to it cause it would probably not affect me one way or the other...but i'm with the rest of y'all...make a lake and we will fish it!!!

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I think that a lake is a great idea, not only for the recreational/economic benefits, but we really do need more water storage too.

11. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well, without knowing anything at all about the specifics, I am gonna buck the crowd and say NO. Personally, I prefer rivers and any impoundment is going to destroy miles of river. If the good Lord wanted a lake there, then he would have put one there.:wink:

Seriously, though, when it comes to the environment, I always figure that any change is a bad thing.

12. Quercus Alba

Quercus Alba New Member

State:
    The midlands, SC
    Heck no, the Tyger is one of the last free flowing rivers up there. We need to keep it that way. When this first came up a couple of years ago I joined some botanists on a botanical survey of the impacted area. It is truly a pristine, unique, and diverse area that should be conserved in its natural state.