Tygart lake

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by buschlight, May 28, 2006.

1. buschlight

buschlight New Member

State:
    wv
    went to tygart lake last thursday night and caught only one 4 pound channel cat. anyone else fished tygart and done any good?

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I live in Morgantown, and have never been to Tygart (at least not yet). I usually just go to Cheat, since I only live one mile from there. Where did you go on Tygart? I've heard the tailwaters are good for walleye.

3. headhunter1

headhunter1 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    there are some nice walleye below the dam at tygart try jigs and minnow crank baits

4. headhunter1

headhunter1 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    there are some pretty nice walleye below the tygart tailwaters so try minnow crank baits and jigs tiped with worms

5. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Hey bushlight: where are you fishing on the Tygart? I fish alot around cove run and down to Sandy creek. I`ve fished a little around Pleasant creek but not much. I live in Tunnelton and I figured it was still too cold. That`s what I get for figurin`.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome boc at least ya caught one hopefully they will be better days ahead

7. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc from grafton wv great tips in boc lib:big_smile:

8. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    mario we ought to get together and wet a line sometime - i'm here in grafton too

9. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV
    I'm very interested in catfishing in this area; is there any way you can give me an idea of how to get there? I understand it's north of Arden, but I can't tell on a map where I could possibly get close to the river to fish.

Thanks!!

Actually, if anyone is catfishing the Tygart, send me a message, please. I'll bring the beer!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  10. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    try the mon river insted. far better catfishing

11. BigWes

BigWes New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Fished Tygart lake 2 weeks ago. Caught several nice channel cats between 1am and 3am on nightcrawlers and chicken livers. 2 of them were at least 8 or 9 pounds.