TWRA needs our help Please'

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by ShilohRed, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The same bunch of crooks.Rep. Willie Borchert (D - Camden) and his buddy's that is always trying to take our 34" catfish law away from us.
    Now has a law Bill 2856. Trying to get Tn to do away with the TWRA. Why is it they are doing this?
    Well my guess is TWRA did get catfish listed as a game fish over a year ago. And he is scared that they will do away with his son and others from being able to commercial fish and take all the catfish they care to take.
    Now If he gets TWRA kicked out and the Game and fish would be under
    Dept. of Environment and Conservation Alsp Tn sportsman would miss out on lots of $$.
    This bill would cost the State of Tennessee millions of dollars in lost federal funding that comes to TWRA. And the money we spend on fishing and hunting now would I bet be used for other things. but sure not for Fishing or hunting.
    So if we do not stop this law. And The Great (Dumb) Willie. What will the laws be then? He would love to fix it where his bunch could catch crappie and even striper's in there nets and sell them also.
    So Please mail or call and encourage all sportsmen to contact their elected officials and voice their opposition to House Bill 2856."

pete

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    WOW 35 vies and not a post. Thanks for the help.......

5. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    pete, i will surely be sending them a letter on this

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    got it Pete!!!! Will do!!!!

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pete we sent a e-mail to all those on the list before we sent you the link. When are these yahoos going to stop their garbage.

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Pete I talked to one of our state senators last night that I know personally and he assured me that he would pull all the strings he could to get this thrown out.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just sent them a letter, thanks for bringing this up.

10. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Letters sent
    I'm 99% sure this is dead from inside info

11. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  12. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Letters sent, and also joined the Tn Wildlife Federation. TWF has a great web site, check it out.

13. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    They will be hearing from me as well. They'll never pull this off. :cool2:

Thanks for the note about the TWF BAM.

14. Kowegi

Kowegi New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If they do get rid of the TWRA, whos going to clean the rivers and whos going to protect the endangered species like the sturgeon and alligator gar? And im sure Tennesse gets some money from tourist fishing (they have special licenses for tourists to fish). If they get rid of the TWRA, that probally means no ones going to enforce the license laws and nobody will need a license. Then our state's economy will go down. Alot of people try to catch the next the world record small mouth bass (the biggest smallmouth was caught in dale hollow reservoir) and im pretty sure some peolple try to break the walleye record too....

in other words, its pretty messed up!

15. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Thanks Pete
    I just got an e-mail from TN Wildlife Fed. alerting me about the bill and it was first I head heard about it. I was going to post something about it and discovered you were already on it. Those people must be idiots and I will be ringing some up tomorrow to let them know how I feel. Did you read the bill? In one part they want to put this new division under TN Dept of Env. and Consv. which makes very little sense. They must have thought thihs up and written it in about 5 minutes late while drunk in a bar. The section 7 says "upon the effective date of this act all duties, responsibilities and functions of thr state board of education are hereby transferred to the department of education":crazy:. Come on everybody fire these morons up. Also ,ake sure you send one to my representative Jimmy Nafieh who is the Speaker of the House and let him know what you think about his idiots under him. His e-mail is speaker.jimmy.naifeh@legislature.state.tn.us

16. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I sent an e-mail last night expressing my disapproval for HB 2856.

17. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This is a letter that I sent to the sponser of this bill.

1st, I fish in TN every year and by an out-of-state license. My family and friends that I bring to TN to fish do as well. We spent over 5,000 dollars in TN last year! One reason is the fishing is so good in TN, and that is due to the hard work of the TWRA. I bring revenue into the state. I am also an assistant principal and my wife is a teacher. One thing that we both know for sure by working for the state is that moving an agency like the TWRA into a large governmental agency that is under state control has to be one of the dumbest ideas in the history of politics. We both vote democrat, and we were both shocked that you would be for more government control and not for what is best for the average sportsman? The TWRA does a great job with regulations and ideas to conserve wildlife for future generations. When I have called and had questions they always reply promptly and are friendly. My wife and I both believe that a decision like this in TN revolves around two issues. Number one is money, and you would place TWRA funds into the TN general fund. I will guarantee that money will not all be spent on sportsman concepts. Remember, we both work for the state and we know how it works. Number two is that this revolves around commercial fisherman, due to your involvement with Willie Borchert. He wants to stop the conservation of trophy catfish in TN, and I know that he feels that control of wildlife legislation by the elected officials would be better than the TWRA. Another idiotic idea. Borchert's whole family is involved in commercial catfishing and he looks out for their best interests and not for the PEOPLE of the state of TN, and the sportsman that fish/hunt in TN from all over America. This is the same person that I called to talk about the catfish regulations in TN and he said to, "keep and spend my damn money in NC." What a wonderful person to represent the state of TN. I would hope that you think about the people and sportsman in the state of TN, and not the money that you would take from the TWRA. Also, please do not help an idiot like Willie Borchert further his own personal agenda. I hope that you are smarter than that and also more American than that. Please feel free to contact me by email or phone if you feel that I am way wrong on any of these issues. I would always be open to discuss this with you if you are open to discussing it with me.

Sincerly, A Concerned TN Sportsman,

Philip W. Price

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    This is one of the responses that we received and this is encouraging to us.

Richard Floyd <rep.richard.floyd@legislature.state.tn.us> wrote:
    Thank you for your e-mail .I will not be supporting this bill,but I will be tryng to see this bill never reaches the House Floor.We don't need anything to hurt our sportsman !!!! I appreciate your taking time to share your thoughts with me .

Regards

Rep. Richard Floyd

19. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I went ahead and fired up all the members of the house and senate listed leadership positions. I also sent e-mails to each of the bills sponsors just to make sure they knew they were idiots.:angry:

20. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Buck, I will go and look at the T.W.F website and try to get an understanding on this. In my opinion, our wildlife agency doesnt get the support it needs or the leadership here is misguided (where the funds go from sportsmen). I have friends in other states that dont pay nearly as much as we do for hunting and fishing licences and it appears to me that there state wildlife agency does sooooooo much more..(mgt area up-keep, nice well kept boat ramps, etc) There is diffently some issues that need to be addressed!:confused2: