Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys. Two things here. First a question. When will the crawdads start to be active? I'm looking to trap some this year, havent done that before and Im not sure when I can put traps out.

Secondly, I'm thinking of hitting Sangchris Friday after work. I'll be fishing the hot water ditch from the bank. Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
When will the crawdads start to be active? I'm looking to trap some this year, haven't done that before and Im not sure when I can put traps out.
quote]

Well Joe, all I can add is we usually get ours from the slough and ditches along the Kasky and the farm in mid-May, (those are running 2" to 4") and we use seign and drag nets. A lot depends on the water and warm nights and that seems to be when they are done with their "spawn" I guess you call it, when we try early they seem to still have the eggs under tail., so I really couldn't say for sure on setting traps I would think maybe a little sooner,? I guess our time frame is more because the water is warm enough to wade in. Never really thought about setting traps and trying earlier.... Let us know what you figure doing that.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.