Two Tailed Skink

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by littleman, Jun 10, 2009.

1. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    About two weeks ago I was hooking the planter up to my tractor and saw a skink with a forked tail sitting on top the planter. When I told my dad about it, he gave me this look like maybe I had lost my mind.:roll_eyes: So for the last two weeks I have been hunting around the sheds and machinery for this little guy. I seen him several times but he wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get his pictures. However today I finely got my proof that yes skinks can have a forked tail.

Attached Files:

• sal.jpg
      sal.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  2. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I'm not an expert but I did stay at a Holliday Inn once. That skink probably came from Iowa. There are a lot of wierd things that escape from Iowa.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Never seen one with a forked tail.... good picture!:cool2:

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    very interesting tricia ................thanks for the pics ...........

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How the He@@ you got's to bring I-O-Way into this thread Russell, about skinks of all things? Now if you want to see a two tailed hog I can search around for ya? LOL. I see yaz PM'D me Russell on the silent airways Thingy. Haven't opened it yet. Will do so later.

Tricia did an excellent job rooting around to be able to get that picture. I think it is cool. Thanks Tricia.

Tricia I apologize I didn't answer your question about the airfilled baby bird in the Animal House Thingy. How is the bird by the way? Probably big enough now to feed that skink to it.

And oh ya Littleman, just ignore Russell. He is from Missoura and you know how those folks are. None of them got off the Mayflower, they snuck in from Canada.

6. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Looks like 2 tailed bait :smile2:

7. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

I passed the bird off to another rehabber. I only rehab small mammals, I'm not licensed for migratory birds. The only thing I know about birds is they need fed every 30-45 minutes.:crazy: I did get the air sack to go away, by taking a needle to it a couple of times. I got an email from the lady a few days ago saying the little bird will be ready for release here soon.