Two Questions

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by MRR, Dec 31, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    1.What is your opinion of the BErkley 9ft Glow stick. I just bought one and put my Penn209 on it with 30 # line. Are they any good or did I waste my money. Rod was 39.95 at BPS .Was gonna get a 9Ft Cat MAxx but they were out of them.
    2.Has anyone ever heard of a company named Acadia Sports.from Irving ,Tx.? Anyway I got this deal in the mail saying they have fishing rods.Deal is you buy one for 39.95 plus 8.95 shipping and you get second rod FREE.only catch I see is the longest rod is 7'6" (2 pc).
    Plus you get a plastic carrying case with it. Web site is:
    www.Acadia sports.com. Check it out let me know what you all think. Thanks in Advance.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    These folks are basically local to me, I actually work in Irving. I personally do not own anything made by them but I have heard they make a good quality rods ... for bass, perch fishing. Real sensitive, light weight, very castable, but back bone may be kinda light for cats. I'm not saying they don't make a "cat" rod, but I'd ask what weight, lbs. test they have available. If you do an online search for "acadia fishing rods" I'm guessing you will see some bass fishing sites that have reviewed them.
    Personally, I'm interested if they do make a cat road. Heck I could drive to their front door and put my hands on it to see how it looks, feels.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks for the input.I know it says you can use up to 20# line.Pretty heavy for bass. On thier site you can pick type of fish and pick which rod is recomended.One of the fish is the Channel Cat. don't say nothing about Blues or Flats.I fish mostly Channels anyway and always hoping to hook a big Flat or Blue. Wishful thinking I guess.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't get your web site to come up for me,I'd be very interested in finding out what they have especially if they do make a good cat rod!:smile2:

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The Berkley rod has, in the past, been a good rod. Don't know about now, but the company's Lightning and Cherrywood series are still good ones, especially for the money, so would expect the glow stick to do well. I've two 209's, one I just got from eBay for $17, almost mint condition. I use shorter rods as I fish from a kayak and 9 ft is too long to handle, so mounted one on an Ugly Stick BWC 1120, the other is going on an Ugly Cat.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Worked for me. Try this on www.AcadiaSports.com see if that works. hope so. the company was started in 04.