two piece rods tip?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by james, Jan 20, 2006.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    All my rods are 2 piece rods and alot of my fishing holes are long distance from where i park my car by the time i get to my spots the rods are in one big tangled mess, i was wondering if anyone has speical way to carry and storeing them to prevent this from happening.:0a36:

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Lowes sell Velcro fastner strips which you can use to secure the rods until you get to where you are going.I also use them to secure my weights against the rods when moving in my boat so the weights aren't banging against the rods and damaging the finish.They come in various lengths and colors and are relatively cheap.:)

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    never thought of that thanks

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    here y'all go diggin ideas out of me again lol. i made this along with three others for my freinds 10 years ago because we needed extra hands to carry stuff. i looked in Cabellas saltwater catalog about a month ago and they now carry an almost identical item for about $12. if its built as good as mine its a VERY good investment for the bank-fisherman. like i said mine have been in use since '96 and dont seem to be giving out anytime soon. sewed my collars up from old duffel bags and velcro, bought the slings from wallyworld. heck, the slings alone cost $10 back then but at the time there wasnt anything out like what i made. "necessity is the mother of invention"!

Attached Files:

• s.jpg
      s.jpg
      File size:
      96.8 KB
      Views:
    • s2.jpg
      s2.jpg
      File size:
      154.8 KB
      Views:
    • s3.jpg
      s3.jpg
      File size:
      90.8 KB
      Views:
  5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heres the pic of what cabelas offers. $12.99, item# ns-01-3419

Attached Files:

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Well, I always wondered what a gun strap and velcro might do for me. No really, I was looking for something like that. Thanks Dinkbuster.

Ray

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    rubber bands work just as well and are cheaper in my opinion,just a thought in case you wanted to save a little cash.

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Then again,you could just rig your lines when you get there

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    my buddie showed me a trick for two pc. rods. when they are apart put your hook on the top eye in the piece with the reel, reel up the slack untill the top eye on part 1 reaches the bottom eye of part 2 then you take the line from hook to tip and loop it over your reel handel so the line is on one side of the handel and your rods on the other. :0a11: thats as well as I can decribe without a pic in keeps them from getting tangled but aint as neet as that strap that frees up your hands.

10. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Many of these canvas fold up chairs come with a carrying case that has a strap on it you can just sling over your shoulder. 2 Spinning rods will fit down in the case rather well.

A lot of toys will come prepackaged that have wire that holds the parts in the case. This is like a light gauge speaker wire. Save a few of them and use them for twistees that used to come with baggies to hold your poles together. Most new garden hoses come with several long twistees that can be used also.

Most of the time I will cut off the rig and form a loop with an over hand knot with the end of the line. I will double this back and put over the second or third eyelet. I like to use fresh knots and rigs every time I go out fishing starting out. With a 2 piece rod, you just double the excess of the line around the butt of your rod a few times and it will keep them together if you forget the twistees.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I thought I was the only one who used those bags the folding chairs come in. They do work well. I also carry a sport bag and strap my rods on top with the sport bags handle. I put as much in the sport bag as I can and throw the whole thing over my shoulder with the bags shoulder strap. I am shorebound so this is how I get my gear to where I fish but I guess it would help get stuff from the truck/car to the boat also. Pic attached I hope...never tried to put one on here before.

Attached Files:

12. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    thanks for the ideas:0a31:

13. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey Cook that's what I do, I have to catch bait anyways.

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    some folks just use a rag that they carry anyway for wipin their hands off with. use a couple of them, and tie the poles together, and use a boot lace for a sling. its cheap, but not pretty

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I nomally tie my two peice rods together, so they wont get tangle up.