Two new rigs, I think somebody goofed!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Sep 19, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    My wife and I were at the local sporting goods store, one of the BIG chain stores, not a locally owned one. I was looking for some of the Ugly Stik Catfish rods, since everyone likes them so much. I found two, and was heading for the cash register. I was going to get the rods only for now, and use my 808 reels on them until I could afford a couple of baitcaster reels. On the way to the register, we passed a table marked in big letters CLEARANCE - everything 25% off the lowest marked price. I started digging around and found about 5 Abu reels, that were marked $129.99, then down to $79.99. I took one out of the box and MAN are these SWEET reels!! It is the "Record" series, model RCN60. Sweetest reels I have ever used! When we got to the register the girl scanned them in and they came up $129.99, I showed her the mark on the box, and that they were supposed to be 25% off that $79.99 price. She keyed it in, and WHAM, I have two of these reels for $59.99 each.

I went to the website, from the look of things, I don't think these were supposed to be on the clearance table. I think somebody goofed. In the display rack at the store they have them listed reg. $144.99 sale $129.99. I think I must have gotten a good deal thanks to somebody's goof up.

Here is a link to the page, it is model RCN60. My only regret is that I did not buy a couple more!

http://www.abu-garcia.com/prod.php?k=50134&sk=46555&p=PURRCN40

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

SShhh they might hear you, lol. Congrats on a great deal

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Those are bad reels, ya, they lock up and stuff, ya, uh...they rust real bad, uh, ya, they are made in China or something.

Since I like you, and feel sorry that you got stuck with them, I will give you what you paid for them. :cool2:

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    MAN!! I got screwed, I thought I was getting such a good deal too! Aw man..........I could not take advantage of another brother just because I was dumb enough to buy these junk reels, I will just have to cut my losses and eat them I guess.

Tell you what though, I will go buy the rest of them and sell them to you for 25% off the list price? Since I like you and all! :lol:

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats brother! Use 'em and enjoy 'em!

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Jeff, you did come out all right. I checked Bass Pro and they are 139.00 so you got 2 for less than the price of 1. A deal like that is hard to beat. Way to go.:cool2:

st

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats, now I need a new reel lol!

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Congrats on the great buy Brother!! reps!

9. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    hope they work for you.....great deal

10. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Man, it's funny how some people can fall in a pile of crap and get up smelling like a rose!

Me... I fall in a pile of crap and get up..........smelling like an outhouse!!!!

Awesome deal... congrats!!!

11. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You should of bought them out! Good purchase.

12. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    your livin right brother, right place ,right time.

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sweet! You are one lucky guy!

14. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You should feel guilty. Take those reels back and confess your misdeed. Or, send them to me and I'll save you the embarassment. Don't you just hate it when they make that kind of mistake?

15. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I went to buy a bow at K-mart years ago. It was one of the old Fred Bear fiberglass take down models. When I got it to the register I noticed that the box was the shipping box and had two bows in it. The clerck charged me for only one. When I noticed the problem I did try to tell the guy about the error. he got huffy and told me HE knew what he was doing. I paused and went back and picked up four more boxes, two bows each, in effect 1/2 price. Every member of my family got a Fred Bear 76'er take down bow for Christmas that year.

:lol:

16. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    My luck is usually just the opposite. Happy for you.
    Hey Dameon, sounds like we have something in common.. I was AO2 in Navy.

17. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    Nice Deal Enjoy the reels

18. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    You definitley got a good deal on those reals. Those are some really high end Abu Reels.