TWO new PBs on the same night!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Just got in from the Pee Dee Catmaster's campover and fish gathering this weekend. It was a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Our furthest traveler was BassMassey, coming in from Ga. Had some NC friends as well, attend. FishWillie cooked a jam up catfish stew Friday night, and his catfish fillets were as good a fish as I have ever had the pleasure to consume. FishWille also did the honors on a fine breakfast Saturday morning. Our hats are off to you, brother! As for the fishin', they were ON FIRE. Only caught a meager 103# from my boat in about 8 hours water time, but we caught some NICE fish. We lost a HEAP of "monsters" in heavy cover. My nine year old grandson Justin, caught his PB flathead at 14#. Just moments after his PB came in, I landed my PB 33# flathead. Justin and I had the pleasure of having BassMassey on board during our BEST fishing night this year so far. James also put BassMassey on fish all weekend. I think he was impressed with out little river! :smile2: All in all, a great time had by all, and an event I hope will continue through the years. Our Pee Dee Catmasters club is a fine group of people, and I am honored to be a part of it!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats on a great night!

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats Bill, Glad ya'll had a safe fun time.:big_smile:

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats AWESOME!. Congrats to Justin on a nice flathead. And to you too Bill. Sounds like a great time.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, folks. Forgot to add that today, I caught a male blue, about 8 pounds. The fish had one eye completely missing, and his other eye was really screwed up to the point of apparent blindness. Did NOT affect his ability to live and feed. The only thing that affected that was me putting him in James' cooler. I did not have the heart to turn him loose in that shape, to perhaps suffer in the long run.
    Bill in SC

6. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sounds like ya'll had a good time.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the story and pics Bill. Congrats on the PBs.

8. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    Congrats to you and the grandson, Bill. I hate I missed out. I ended up stranded with a bad tank of diesel comming back from Atlanta Thursday night.
    Maybe next time.

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Looks like your little buddy had a good time! Congrats!

10. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Glad ya'll had a good time. Ask any bassfisherman that you know what color worm this one would have hit :smile2::smile2::smile2::big_smile::wink:

11. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Congrats to both of you on the new pb's. Sounds like you all had fun.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on the PBs and a great night. thanks for sharing

13. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    CONGRATS on your new PB Catfish.

:003:

14. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Way to go, Bill! I'm glad you fellas had a good trip. I'm betting that landing will see your boat again before long. :big_smile:
    I'm heading out before too long to run my boat and check out the carburetor cleaning that I did on it yesterday. Then I may have to work in some time later this week, weather permitting. With the rising water and a storm (maybe) coming this week, they should be on the prowl.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Way to go, Bill! I'm glad you fellas had a good trip. I'm betting that landing will see your boat again before long. :big_smile:>

Good Lord willing, I think it is fair to say that that is a solid bet!!! :wink: Thanks to all for the kind words. Though the bigguns don't come regularly for us on our river, when they do come, it is a THRILL! Both Justin and I hope to break both our PBs this fall when the river cools down and the next feeding frenzy begins. If I never catch another, I've caught my share. I want to see Justin get off on the right foot with river etiquette, and to teach him the correct way to fish, so he will have years of fun down the road for his children and grandchildren. BTW: Bassmassey was our guest. When we started out Friday night, I urged him to sit in the back of the boat, and I'd let him and Justin pull ALL the fish. I was just going to sit back and drink Mountain Dew and watch. Though he declined, he still had some GREAT action from the front of the boat. Now in retrospect, I'm kinda glad he declined! :wink:
    BB in SC

16. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great job Bill. It was nice to have you and Justin down. Eskimo loved all of the attention from Justin.:big_smile: I cant wait too do it again.

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, James, someone had to give Eskimo attention. Seems his owner will boat off and leave him on occasion! :wink:
    BB

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice work Bill. My congrats to you both!

19. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    now that's funny.......lol

Had a great time out on your boat bill, and it was a pleasure helping ya land that big ol flattie. I think every boat on the river heard us hootin n hollarin when we got em in the boat. Ol' Justin is well on his way to becomin riverking when he gets a lil older, I wish I had an oppurtunity to catch trophy catfish at the age of 10. You're doing that boy good Bill. Congrats again to the both of ya on your PB's, hope to fish with ya'll again soon.

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < Had a great time out on your boat bill, and it was a pleasure helping ya land that big ol flattie.>

I'm just glad you were there BassMassey. That's the first fish I have caught that exceeded the net size! Your lippin' prowess paid off big time for us!
    Bill in SC