Two new PB blues today.....

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cathooker, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Cheez and me went out this morning on Lake Chickamauga looking for the blue kitties and the Good Lord truly blessed us. First fish of the day came in 17 foot of water right off the main river channel and it was a healthy 41 pounder. A new PB for me. Then we proceeded to put 18 more in the boat that went between 4 and 12 lbs with the majority of them over 10. At about 1 pm my skippie got slammed hard and after a good tussle my new PB surfaced.....a 50 pound fat bellied hog. We caught fish today on skipjack (frozen, thawed, refrozen and thawed again and they were RIPE), bluegill, menhaden from Fla., shad, boneless chicken thigh, and Kosher hot dog weiners. We caught close to 300 lbs of cats today. Most came in water from 17 to 40 feet deep. A great day with a great friend and once again the LORD was in the boat with us.

Attached Files:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Woo hoo Alan! That's wonderful bro, thanks for sharing. Congratulations! :cool2:

Also neat you and Cheez had a great day together. Bet you would've even if no PBs had been caught. :big_smile:

3. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Some mighty fine looking fish!!! I still have twelve days before I get home but the I have three weeks to fish. I sure enjoy seeing what you guys catch while I'm gone.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    WTG Alan!

Congrats on a great day of fishing bro!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats! That is awesome!!!:wink::big_smile:

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats you guys on your two new PB Blues:smile2:. And What a wonderful Day Of Fishing Thanks For Sharing The Story And The Pics.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on the new pb's. Thanks for sharing the great pictures,

Tom

9. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Congrats on your new PB blues, they are great lookin fat blues. Thanks for the pic's

10. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    You sure you didn't pump one of them bad boys full of helium????????????

11. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Alan,
    You make me want to move to GA. Fantastic personal best, we as fisherman now what a great feeling that is. I never tried eatin a blue mostly get the flats which are so good no matter how you cookem. Great catch!!!!!:big_smile:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a Perfect day to me. Congrats on the good fish and keep us updated. I may have to check that lake out when I get to GA next year. What part of the state is that in.

13. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    congrats Alan, i really dont think it gets any better than the fishing trip you just shared with us. thanks

14. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga

Lake Chickamauga is just above the North Georgia border in southern Tennesse near Chattanooga.

15. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I can't add much to the report other than to agree wholeheartedly that we surely had a blessed day. One of the highlights for me was when we had twin 10 pounders on light tackle at the same time. Both surfaced at the same time too. Congratulations again on the new PB's.

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE fish! Congrats on your new PB and the great time y'all had!
    Bill in South Carolina.
    BB in SC

17. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Dang Alan wish I could have a day half that good!! Congrads on your new PB and the good time you had. Thanks for sharing!!:big_smile:

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats on the PBs. They were some pigs.

19. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    ALL of my success with the blue cats is because of GOD and my good friend Cheez. I consider myself a very fortunate man indeed.

20. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Glad you had a great trip guys. I haven't been up that way in a while, but it sounds like the big fish bite is picking back up a little. Hopefully I can get back on the TN River real soon. Congratulations again.