two missouri boaters missing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Apr 1, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Heres another reaon why I am going to make it a habit of wearing my life jacket. I bet they did not have theirs on.

LANGLEY, Okla. -- The Grand River Dam Authority Lake Patrol is searching for two southwest Missouri men who are missing at Oklahoma's Grand Lake.

The men are identified as 47-year-old Alan Lee Long of Anderson, Mo., and 20-year-old Ricky Beason of Noel, Mo. The patrol says they've been missing since Monday night.

The patrol says a fisherman called lake patrol about 8 p.m. Monday to report a capsized boat in the river below Pensacola Dam.

The search was called off late Monday because of storms in the area and resumed Tuesday morning.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thats why I wear mine!:wink:

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Thats why i wear mine also..........preyers sent to the families

4. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Everyone on my boat wears one.

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It didnt ask if you wear a life jacket. How bout some compassion for the missing men? My prayers are with them and there famalies.

6. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Let me say this "mr foster" I do have compassion for them. Were all boating brothers and we care about each other.however I published this article to show the risks of not wearing a life jacket, of which I myself am some what guilty. Maybe some one will read this and not drown because they wore the jacket. Might even be me.

7. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    This is never good to hear. Prayers to their families.

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    thankyou for the post

9. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    PRAYERS GO OUT TO THEIR FAMILIES. THATS A SHAME.

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Making a statement about life jackets is not stating that no one cares about the missing boaters. It's times like this that bring home the fact that maybe folks should be wearing them more. If that makes even one person change their attitude that might have a later mishap and have their life saved then call us inconsiderate.....I'll take it.

Happens over and over year after year, most deaths on the water as reported by the Water Patrol have one statement in common......"PFD's were NOT worn".

So Mr. Foster don't know what ticked you off but I hope you wear yours.......thats because I DO CARE about boaters, not because I am an inconsiderate, uncompassionate idiot!

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Skip, here we go again, I tried to rep ya an it still won't let me. Anyway, well said my friend.

12. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Yeah, what skip said.

13. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    when i grow up I want to be just like skip.

14. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Prayers sent out to the men and their family's.

15. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    prayers to the familes of the boaters its always something terrible to hear:sad2:

16. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I wear mine I know they aren't the most comfortable thing to wear but if anything wear them for your kids. You don't want you kids to ask why daddy never came home after fishing and Mommy to say because he was to lazy to put on his life vest and now he is gone. Atleast put it on for your kids they need their Daddies.

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

John, thats so true... Alot of times mine call to make sure im wearing my vest.......... even if im on the bank:eek:oooh:

Its sorta like ciggs.... we all know they can kill ya, but ppl smoke em anyway... Our rivers can kill you faster, but ppl still chose to test the waters.. some habits are indeed hard to break... be careful guys

18. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    No Willie got his name because he kept having to call 911 everytime he took his boat out.. A few times he thought he was gonna make it all the ways to Memphis.. hehehe... Its alot better when he tells it though, huh Willie..

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    some things will never die around here i see..........lol.. its a long story Hunter,, I try and dig one or two of them up for ya..:wink: