Two In A Row!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 24, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After a very nice early spring catching some good flats, the last two trips have been shut-outs! Once again, we managed to catch some mighty fine channel cats, but the flats have become ghosts!:cool2: I fished a local lake last night, that I know holds some heavy weights, but they didn't show. I know how lake fishing can be, so im not real stumped, but am starting to get the itch to feel a good fish again. The channels were running large green sunfish, and even had one take a small large mouth bass. Pretty discouraging after setting the hook knowing the quality sized baits being fished. We caught a total of 7 big channels. Nothing to brag to mom about though. Here is a couple pics....rollo

Attached Files:

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    NICE CATCH THERE.THOSE SIZE CHANNELS MAKE FOR SOME GOOD EATIN.

3. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Glad to see some success out there. We gonna give it a try next weekend after the crowds.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Those are some really nice channels. I can hear the deep fryer now sizzling!

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to see you got some time on the water Jason, and at least got a few hooksets. Dont get discouraged bro, there is always another day (night).

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the nice channels!

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice channels indeed! I am sure another big flat is coming soon.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lord I hope! I hate the years that bring good fish early and gets you thinking its gonna be a great year, only to have a two, three month period of bad fishing. I don't get enough time anymore to fish, I need it to be good and active every trip out!:smile2: I find myself trying to pin-point areas more now because I don't have as much time.... rollo

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Rollo ya know ya gotta keep payin yer dues buddy think yer the one that taught me that:tounge_out: keep em tight and give er hell ..just cause ya didnt hit the big dawgs doesnt mean them aint nice fish:roll_eyes:nicely done bro ....very nice:cool2:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good looking fish Rollo! Hope you get that big Flattie next time out!

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know, but I get spoiled sometimes...lol... I skipped the local tourney last night as well to go fishing where I went. Found out this morning 30 pounds took first place. I had much more than that on a 5 fish weigh-in. So not only did I not get a flathead, I could have made some money by fishing in it.:cool2: rollo

12. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Man, I'd be pleased as punch to hook into some channels right now, gave it another go last night, and found myself skunked yet again at a hole that's been very productive over the past 10 years for me..... I just can't seem to hook-up....with anything! You wanna talk about frustrated, I'm close to my breaking point.

On a brighter note I did happen to run into an old fishin' buddy last night, found him fishin' in my spot, and was about to drive past until I recognized who it was... he didn't have any luck either, we did get to watch his kids haul in a few bluegills, perch, and baby channels though.... so not a total loss I guess.

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on nice fish

14. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Just keep trying other options like going in the early morning. Maybe shorter trips in total time but it would keep the frequency of fishing up while fishing at one of the peak feeding times. Everyone goes at dusk, few people at dawn so you'll have less people to deal with. Reading one of your posts got me thinking about going early myself. Good luck.

15. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    those fish are nothing to be ashamed of...Atleast you didnt get skunked! i too tried to find a flat or two on saturday and all i caught were a few bigger channels like that...heck i was just happy to finally catch a decent channel lol