Two Hundred And Seventy Five Dollars!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cyclops01, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    :blink: I just paid $275.00 for a house appraisal that took about twenty minutes to do.

Can anyone here tell me how I can become a certified residential appraiser? PLEASE!!! :blink:

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Did you pay it in order tosell your house or for someone to look at one you are buying.I would have to say you got a pretty good deal because 500$ is about the cheapest I ever paid.:)

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    If you are shoping around for the best deal or you decide to go to a different lender be advised that each lender more then likely will require there own appraiser, that really sucks! Thats what I went through to get a home improvement loan!:sad:

4. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Yep, that sounds like a decent price for an appraisal. Don't you wish they'd get on, under, over, around the house for a few hours just to make you feel like you got your money's worth though? :cool:

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It takes a little longer than 20 minutes. That is just the time to look at the house. Then he has to go load it into his software, find comparables etc.... It takes about 2 hours. If you want to become an appraiser you need to have you RE license, practice it for a certain amout of time, then take appraisal classes and get your license for that.

6. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    not bad i paid 300 for the house i now live in to be apprased, but when i sell it i know i can get more for what i paid for it, it was apprased for 16 more that i paid for, lucky me huh

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Cyclops, I just checked into being a Appraiser and my local contact told me that not only do you have to have your RE Broker License, then you have to get a Realtor to"endorse" you which they all want to do for the RE Broker but none want to do it for the Appraisers part, it seems there is a huge surplus of Appraisers in at least the Dayton area and none are looking for new folks as there are no house sales hardly at all in our area so if your looking into it, the RE Broker classes are about $2000 and the Appraisers stuff is another $3000 or so plus a lot of time and tests to take. Check out Hondroscollege.com for class listings
    Im sure that is more info then you cared to know but like I said I just looked into it but like all career changes, is a dead end..... :crying:

Salmonid

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    When we put our house up for sale and found a buyer, he hired an appraiser who came out and checked the house. He flushed the toilets, checked out the dishwasher, turned on every faucet in the house, ran the garbage disposer. Took a flashlight and went into the crawl space under the house, climbed into the attic, opened and shut every door in the house. Turned on and off every light and fan in the whole house. Kicked on the air conditioner, turned on the furnace. He was there about 6 hours and it costs the buyer 350.oo. Only thing he found was one of those flexible tubing for the a/c-furnace vent hangers had come loose. I had to renail it up. And this house was only 6 years old but he did a real thorough check.

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    heh the apraiser that came to my house a couple of weeks ago just looked around and asked me if everything works and that was 500 bucks. at least she was cute. so i didnt feel to bad :p

10. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    It's going to vary from state to state as far as the requirements are concerned.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Are we all talking about the same thing? Appraisers and home inspectors are too different things but most banks require both for a loan.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just closed a loan in Lima today and the Appraisal was $450 so you got a decent price. Most are around $350 range that I see so enjoy the savings. But loanwizard is right, there is more then just the 20 minutes he was there.

Heck, maybe I will see ya soon then.