Two Hooks

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Relocated-Yankee, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    I was thinking (there's trouble right there!) :eek:oooh: that if I Tie a dropper loop in my leader and attach another hook on a short leader to it, I could give the channels a choice and maybe improve my catch rate?? This "rig" would go on a carolina rig. Kinda like a two hook dropper rig only both hooks are on the bottom.

Has anyone tried something like this? I figure I can use different bait and/or different hooks to see what's working best!

Scott

2. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    how about using a 3 way swivel ans tying a hook on 2 swivels and attach your running line to the third that way you'd have a combination of your 2 baits and a carolina/fishfinder rig.

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    We have a 3 pole limit & 2 hooks on each pole. I stay with 1 hook on each pole which helps me keep track of which bait is on which pole/hook.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Scott,
    I've never made any two hook leader rigs myself, but I won some in a star member contest last year..... from a terrific BOC sponsor, Wildwolf Products; formerly owned by akwolf41 (Gene Chambers) and currently by ShilohRed (Pete Kildow) and his wife Marilyn.

Here is a link to the Wildwolf Products 2-hook rig page.

http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/2hook.htm

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We call it a stinger rig. I run it on a Carolina rig as shown to me by Wolfman(Walt) and Deerhunter01(Eric). Cut yourself about 18"+/- of leader line. Snell your bottom (stinger) hook, then move up the leader about 4" to 6" and snell your second hook.(hook sizes and length between hooks to your liking) Then adjust the remaining leader length to your needs and tie onto the Carolina Rig's swivel. You can run multiple baits, or run both hooks into one big bait. Good Luck.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Scott when I am fishing for smaller fish. I always use a 2 hook rig and some times I have Double 2 hook rigs. There killer on the eating size cats. I plan on doing some videos of tying these and other rigs soon. And will post them on our website and the BOC.
    Also as was posted by Tanya We sell them pre Tied and can tie them with the hooks you need or about any style you can think of. We use Trilene Big Cat Line.
    Pete

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    The videos would be outstanding Shiloh! Have to keep us posted when you make them. (Now that the fire is under you :smile2:)

9. MOVINON

MOVINON Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    If you go to the video section you will find a video about tying snell knots. Someone I used to night fish with learned how to tie those knots but he would leave enough slack on his leader to tie another hook on about 4-6 inches from the first hook then he would put both hooks in a gold fish chub or shad. He swore by it.

10. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i like using a stinger when still fishing. never had a need unless the fish were just pecking at my bait instead of hammering it like they do most of the time

11. catfish10101

catfish10101 New Member

State:
    Des Allemands,
    Where would one find this video section?

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

There isn't really a VIDEO section bro, but katfishn50 has done quite a few. I think this may be the one previous posts are referring to.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24644

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I use 3 or 4 hooks for channel cats if I'm fishing calm water. I just snell four 1/0 circles in a row. On the bottom I tie a 1.5oz egg or slinky weight. Above my hooks is a crane swivel then above my swivel is a 3" crappie float.

Just remember to leave a long tag end when you tie your 1st snelled hook on the bottom...this is when you will tie off the weight. This rig works really good and it's a float rig which means your weight will hold the rig in place but the float will raise the line up leaving you with 4 hooks on a slight angle towards your rods. Also this rig will sail when you cast it because the heavier weight is at the bottom.

Everyone has their own way and listening to others will give you ideas for your own waters. Let us know how you did,,we are also always lookin for something new.

-Jim-

14. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have been tmaking some rigs the last couple of weeks, I can't wait to try them out.

15. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have been tmaking some rigs the last couple of weeks, I can't wait to try them out.

16. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Sounds like a multiple hook surf rig. They work great in the surf, but I've never used them catfishing... May have to try that.

17. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Another good two hook rig if your not in too much current is: Do everything the same as your normal carolina rig except in stead of a slip sinker, tie a short (4 to 6 inch) leader with a swivel at one end and a stand up jig head at the other. Slide your main line through the swivel and use cut bait on the stand up jig. I usually put a piece of cut bait on the other hook, but a different kind of fish, but you could use any other kind of bait. Small live bait, chicken liver, night crawlers, or crawdads would work well. You could use any jig head, but I believe the stand up type are best.

18. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    That's the only rig my dad has ever used and he does great on channels and flats.

19. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have used a 2 hook rig alot and it seems to work ok for me .