Two Hooks or One ?? Two Baits at Once ??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Charlie365, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    From what I read, here in the Sunflower State we're allowed 2 hooks per line.

Do any of you fellas fish two baits at once ??

I'm wondering if any of you guys fish two baits at the same time on the two hooks, or just one bait on one hook ??

Do you try to fish two different baits at the same time and let the fish have a choice ??

For example, chicken livers on one hook and punch bait on another ??
    Two different punch baits ? Worms on one, Livers on one ?

If so, how do you rig them ?

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive started using two hooks just this year. I use what I think is called a drop loop, I think. I use braided line that I tie to a swivel then attach mono to the swivel. Tie two drop loops in the mono and then tie a weight to the bottom. If snagged up the worst that usually happens is the mono will break and I still have all my expensive braid. You can also pre tie these.
    When I use this setup I seem to catch more fish. Also I only use this setup in snagfree water or your asking for a headache. If your using mono you could just use it that way. Check out the library I think it has how to tie those loops. I also try different baits on the hooks to see what gets the most action. Good luck, people tell me Im fishing with a trotline.:lol:

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I ain't much help here when it pertains to catfishing....but I have tried an umbrella rig for crappie.

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    when I started cat fishing (50+years ago) we all used 2 hooks. As I now fish for one big fish, I only use one with big bait.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    When I'm fishing for bluegills & Crappie I may use two hooks - but when I'm Catfishing, I only use one hook.
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

6. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    With live bait I"d only use one, or I think you might have a big knot..

7. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm with Brian on this. I personally never use them because I fish rivers loaded with tree tops, and logs. Hang one fish, and he will hang the other hook up for you. Areas with no snags however, it could double your pleasure, double your fun!! Good fishin', Jack.

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    As Derby stated above, "Only if (totally) snag-free". One does not have to mess up to learn.

opinion :big_smile:

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I only use one hook for each setup, seem to catch just as many or more that the guys I fish with that are using two, unless it's little ones.