??? Two hooks on one line?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by FTL6, Sep 13, 2009.

1. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    Do any of you guys or gals use 2 hooks on 1 line say with a 3way swivel. Live bait on bottom hook and dead/cut bait on top? Or does this create a mess?

2. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

I do it all the time ecspecially with cutbait, Shrimp or Chicken livers. The more bait in an area the better your chances. It doesn't work with live bait you just end up with a tangled mess.

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i've thought about doin something like that but figured my live sunny would swim circles aroud the othe bait or the current would wrap up the other bait around my sunny line. the only way i think that would work is if ya used some type of umbrella rig that was wire to keep the baits seperate, thats what i was gonna try, 2 flatty's on one line would really be a good fight:smile2:

4. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I do it a lot when I am fishing at a lake but it won't work with live bait and it's more of a pain when fishing in a current.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like a double nutroll waiting to happen. MIGHT work drifting in open water, but would be hard in a snaggy river. Lose TWO hooks each break off! I one fished with a fellow that used FOUR hooks per leader. We broke off either three or four times = 12 or 16 hooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB in SC

6. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
  7. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can't even consider having 2 hooks because I have enough trouble keeping one hook and one sinker out of snags. I would use 2 hooks if I fished areas with less current and snags. Good luck.

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to all the time but when i started using bigger baits it seems to just make a tangled mess for me. Dunno what im doing wrong so i will stick with my livebait till i figure it out.

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Legal setup here in Calif..... good to check out which bait is the one that is liked... best....

like it has been said... bigger live baits can cause a problem.......I dont use em...

I like one rig at a time.... one bait on one pole, and another bait on the next pole...

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I use 2 hooks with live bait as well. Often I put one hook in the tail and hook the other though the eye sockets.

11. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    On the Arkansas River, we sometimes use 2 hooks drifting. Sinker on bottom with 2 hooks tied to loop knots about 8 inches above the sinker and another 10 inches for the second hook. Always cut shad or whole shad.

12. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I do it sometime when fishing for channels and it works if you space the hooks out far enough, if not you're gonna have a big tangled mess of frustration.

13. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    ive seen you do it ken:wink: with blue gills that big, you have too:big_smile: