Two good recipies for catfishing

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by gmc3500, Jan 29, 2007.

1. gmc3500

gmc3500 New Member

State:
    NM
    One time some buddies and me were fishing at our lake. Well we got hungry so one of my friends bought a pizza. Well after we all had our fill I decided to throw a piece to the fish seeing how we wernt catchin them any way, and after about 5 min presto instant cat fish getter. We had about 10 catfish swirlin the water and circling around the pizza. Lol it looked like a shark feeding frenzy. I soon baited my hook with some of the crust with some cheez on it and I cought 4 fish. The pizza was a surprem with all toppings.

Another bait that I used is made from mulberries. I picked about a half of a quart mason jar full of ripe mulbarries. Next I find a good sized stick and start mashing them all together to form a past. then I get some puppie chow dog food and let it soak in milk untill it turns soft. Then i dump it in to the mushed mulberries and stire them all together. I alwas let it out in the sun for the naster smellin aprroch but when i used it for fishing I just buy some biscit dogh in the can and dip it in there and put it on the hook and cast. Its pretty good stuff to.

2. fishoholic

fishoholic New Member

State:
    California
    That sounds like a great recipe.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for Sharing Bryan. Sounds good. I might try the second one.:smile2:

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    anytime in summer that you find a mulberry tree droping fruit in water their is usually fish around, also you get purple bellyed squirrels. out of those trees.
    after you skin them.
    Jim

5. gmc3500

gmc3500 New Member

State:
    NM
    Glad that you guys are interested. The mulberrie one is good I used to make it all the time. I cought a lot of cats on this but never any rilly big ones like you guys cought but 2-4 pound ones. Thers not a lot of big cats cought in our lake. The biggest ive seen was an 11 pound channel cat I believe. This bait also worked on samon egg hooks for blue gill.

6. scorpio420

scorpio420 New Member

State:
    ny
    when i catch cats ojne of the first things i do is cut open there stomachn to see what thay have been eating. one time last spring i cut open a cat and was amazed to see a half an ear of corn still on the cob inside it.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Catching cats with Supreme Pizza!! Goodness Sakes! I reckon them cats are almost like dogs they'll practically eat anything we humans eat. I would love to try that but seein how Piaaz Hut charges over $20.00 for a large family size I don't know that I could afford doin so_One thing I dearly love is Supreme Pizza but the trouble is like that ole sayin Once past the lips twice on the dadburn hips!:crazy: