two finders on a boat

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by cumberlandcat, Mar 3, 2008.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am sure this has been asked before but I just bought the hummingbird c2i but I wanted to use my old one at the same time also. Can I have both transducers on the back of the boat, or will they interfear with eachother?
    I just don't want to drill holes and then end up with a problem.

Thanks

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have 3 on my boat 2 on back one up front of pontoon. all three work. I do think there might be a little interference when I run both back ones but both still work good but I see a little noise on it.

3. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    When you say noise like fuzz on the screen? If i spaced them out 4 feet apart do you think that would help?

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    From what I have heard, the Birds are pretty good about not picking up interference from another transducer. The only thing to watch is that your old transducer doesn't block the signal from one side of the C2 transducer.

5. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I guess I am going to go drill some holes then. How will I be able to tell if it is blocking one side of the transducer? Just bad reads

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    heres 2 pics on si. one with both on, the other with only one running. I want to see my side image in big screen so I use my old fishfinder for fishfinding

Attached Files:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Wow Jerry, you do have some interference going on. I wouldn't care for that. Also looks like you may have some turbulence from the prop going on.

I'd head over to the si group on Yahoo and see if those 'bird' boys can line you out a little better.