Two different Abu Garcia 6500's?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by elphaba7, Sep 7, 2005.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Does any one know what the main differences are between them? The only thing I can tell is that the Catfish one has 4+1 bearings and is a little flashier, and the regular one has 2+1 bearings.

ABU GARCIA 6500C3 BAITCAST

ABU GARCIA 6500TCCF BAITCAST - CATFISH

Thanks,

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    The TCCF has a different levelwind and levelwind bearings where the C3 dosen't have the bearings and they both have spool bearings,and a one way clutch bearing in the crank and the TCCF has the power handle and a nice paint job. other than that they're a mirror image of eachother

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i gotta 6500 but im not sure which one ......mines gotta clicker and is all chrome.........is that the good one???

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    How old is it? They're all good.Unless it's pretty old I'm sure it's a 2 bearing reel with instant anti-reverse.There's a bunch of 6500 models.

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    its about two years old.........retail about $80......landed some nice fish with it with no problem.......i think it holds about 170 yds of 20 lb

6. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Sounds like a C3 or a CL3 both very good reels,I have both reels and like them both.

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I think there was about a $20 difference between the two reels on CC. I like the idea of the extra bearings, and the TCCF sure is pretty! Still not sure, but I'm leaning toward the TCCF

8. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    You wont be disapointed in the TCCF 6500. I got one last spring. They are a beautiful reel. I think the power handles are worth the extra. If you go out and buy the power handles and put them on a regular 6500 the power handles will cost you 15 bucks. Besides. John at catfish connection said that abu discountinued the TCCF. So you will have a limited run reel. Get one while you can.

9. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    This must be true, since they are on clearance.

Thanks, Bearcat. :thumbsup:

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I agree the abu 6500 is a good reel.

11. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    For $20 I would take the TCCF with the extra bearings and the big power handle. With the engravings it is almost too purdy to fish with. :)
    Abu

12. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Abu That is what my wife said. Our TV room we have made into a sports room for decorations. When I brought the abu 6500 TCCF home she wanted to put it on the wall. Now I have to get another one for the TV room. Oh the shame of it all.

13. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Haha, Function over Fashion, fellas!!! It it so nice and shiny, though... :rolleyes:

14. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    bearcat,
    If it keeps up with most of the other Abu Garcia limited runs you will probably thank her a few years down the road. I can't believe the prices some of the Ambassadeurs go for that are really not that old. I don't like buying things in fancy boxes that says collectors edition because they usually make so many there is no collector value in them. This is a reel alot of people will not get their hands on and want one for their collection later on. There are more and more Ambassadeurs collectors everyday and only so many reels to go around. These are my excuses I have to tell my wife so I can have a shiny new 6500TCCF in the box for myself. :D Abu