Two catfish, a bullfrog and 42 fireflies...

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bream reaper, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife, 4 year old son, 3 year old daughter and I went camping at my grandparents’ pond this weekend which turned out to be an unforgettable trip. My son caught a bunch of bluegills (of which we kept a couple for catfish bait). I cut one in half and baited two rods. We monitored the rods into the night with no action. However in the mean time we were kept very busy catching bullfrogs, fireflies, and bluegill and had a great time at it. We went to bed late and left the rods on freespool. I was awakened once by a screech owl which I swear must have been on the tent. I got up at sunrise and saw one bobber swimming around with no sign of the other. My son and I took turns reeling in the two nice channel cats. The larger one was 14lbs. I filled a Rubbermaid tub with pondwater and kept the cats good and healthy through the photo session. My daughter even petted one. Then we set them free to grow, maybe we’ll catch them again.

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    this is the best post I've read in a while and is very encouraging. Congrats on a great trip, I know you and your children will not forget it anytime soon

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That is awesome. Seems like its not that often a trip comes together for the whole family and everything works out. Sounds like yall had a time to remember. Congratulations on a perfect evening with your family, and the NICE channels too.

4. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    In My book watching kids chase frogs catch fish is rated way up there towards #1 in my book of fun. I bet that you will never forget that little camping trip. I have a couple when the boys were young I will never forget myself. Expecially now they both have learned to drive and rather hang...with the teenage friends than hang with dad and mom! LOL

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    sounds like a great time , alot of fun good memories for you and family

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice Channels, and thats a nice looking Bullfrog.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Dan, you score an A+ in my book for your report! :cool2: Taking the family out and getting them involved in the outdoors is the greatest thing a dad can do! :big_smile: I really enjoyed the pics! Keep up the good work! :wink:

8. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Nice fish/frogs! Way to get the young ones involved. That looks like a northern Indiana pond fish. My buddy sent me a pic of one that looks just like that. Very dark. It was out of a pond just North of the IN near Reading, MI.

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yep, the pond is located just south of Peru, IN. The cats were very dark and had the longest whiskers I have ever seen.

Attached Files:

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Awesome report Dan! It won't be long before he's right by your side reelin' in big ole Hatchies!

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    hey Dan,
    Sounds like you and the family had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Mighty fine cats.

12. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dan, Nothing better than making memories with your family. That boy looks happy. Congrats on a great night.