Two Big Boxes of Fly tying Stuff!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by jdstraka, Aug 28, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I just reciently aquried 2 big boxes of fly makeing feathers whole boxes of thred 12 spools per box, Manuals, they probably have 300/400 different pkgs of feathers all different colors streamer material, all different kinds of fur and tails. man just a whole load of stuff. As I don't fly fish I was wondering if anyone has any use for this stuff? I would like to trade for a GOOD catfish reel, and Abu Garcia or something of that nature. I bet if you went to buy this stuff you could easily spend $800.00 tp a $1000.00 dollars on it don't know for shure cause I'm not into this stuff. Or should I bring it to the swap meat at the nationals? J.D.Straka

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Whoa, John, what a find! You might just have to consider going into business tying flies. You could make a lot of money that way. I don't think that I would have the patience to do it, though! :lol:

Good luck on making the trade!

3. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    hey John, save it for new years and then just throw it all up in the air like confetti! Or bring it to the national gathering and will dip ol DH in a barrel oh honey then roll him in those feathers...lol Now that would be one big trout fly eh??

egg

4. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    John I sent you a email this morning. Did you receive it?

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Hoot I answered your message did you recive it? J.D.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey JD, I have appraised a handful of Fly tying collections for widows,fly shops and private collectors so if you could get me some pictures, I can give you a fair market value on it. You might be suprised but ussually it isnt worth what most folks think it is. You never know though, there is always a diamond in the rough...... Im sending you a PM, be sure to check it
    Salmonid