Twin Lakes - Stupid rain

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by holdemplyer, May 5, 2007.

1. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    so went to twin lakes, caught about 30 -40 7-9" crappie on a jig while seeing if some shrimp or chum might attract a kitty or two.... then the rain started, then hail, and the the wind, radio said the wind was gusting at 50-60 mph, i believe it, it helped me up to my car. my goof ball rear end didnt start packing up until it started pouring, and the first couple of hailstones hit, guess i thought i'd try and wait it out. wind blew over my bait bucket, goodbye minnows, several chubs, and bent over and chucked the one pumpkinseed i caught back into the lake.

For anyone heading out to twin lakes, there is, and prob will be for a few days a tree down on the road into the lakes from the interstate.

and gotta add, FREAKIN LOVE THIS SITE, glad i found it the other day, wish i had found it sooner!

2. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    welcome abord to the boc. i had a most the same problem only i went to branched oak. the fishing is great up there right now. the lake is up 7 feet because of all the rain we have been geting this month.

again welcome to the boc.:smile2:

3. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Boc alex , it has been raining alot here also and the lake I have been fishing is up also not sure whats going on but the fish have really been biting good ... they normally seem to go dormant after this kind of rain .. ehh but i am just happy they don't have lock jaw :roll_eyes:

again Welcome to the Boc! :big_smile:

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    A Big Ol B.O.C.Welcome Alex. Glade You Found Us!! J.D.:big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :0a25: :0a25: :0a25:

5. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Alex
    Welcome also to the BOC it is a great site isn't it. You know what they say about another time another place. The rain we have been getting is really a God send. The lakes and rivers are nothing but getting better, lets hope it continues. Don't give up, fishing is excellent about everywhere right now. Luck

6. cashcat

cashcat New Member

State:
    nebraska
    nice to have you, see ya on the water.