Twice in one day.....something has got to give!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Well got up yesterday morning and took the boat to the river. It dont look like it, but it was so shallow it was unreal. 1-2 ft. deep. I finally found a hole 10 ft. but by then I guess it was to late in the day. Skunked on the morning trip. Went back out last night and fish from the bank at the lake, yep you guessed it, skunked again! I dont understand it. I fish with blue gill, liver, worms, hawg wild, amd magic bait. Didnt as much as get the first bite.

I have read so much info. on here. What am I doing wrong? When I was younger, I always caught fish, of some sort. Seems like there are no fish anymore. Well I guess that is the way it goes. I cant wait til the wewa tourny, where the river will have some depth to it. Any one with sugestions I am all ears.

2. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    with rivers like the ones around my house people have just fished them out because there is a lot of people that dont care about the size of a fish and just keep anything they catch so a lot of rivers have been fished out and people still continue to just keep anything they can catch out of it so the river has no time to recover nor replinish.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Might have something to do with the barametric pressure from those Huge storms off the East Coast! Fishin has been kinda slow here too.

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    When you go to the Wewa tourney take your heaviest gear you got. The rivers around there have heavy cover everywhere and if you catch anything of size you have to horse 'em out quick before they get you hung up. Good luck down there, its a great tourny put on by some very fine people. I don't think I'll be able to make it this year but I had a blast last year. I didn't place in the tourny but I did win a couple hundred bucks in the 50/50 raffle. :smile2:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's very frustrating to me to go time after time and not even a bite. I like you have had luck in the past but this year 2006 has been the pits!----Pat:crazy:

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well ,Glenn I think everyone must be fishing the same waters this year. Myself I just feel there is to much nat.bait this year. We have seen Shad in places this year that you normally don't see them .They just seem to be everywhere. Sooner or later it has to get better (DON"T IT) Consevation said there was an over population of Shad this year. If they can get anytime they want it they sure don't care what we offer them. So just hang in there.

7. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Yeah, I have my rods riged with 30 lb mono, and one of the rods is my shark rod with penn on it, it is lined with 100 lb dacron and 30 lb leader. I think I am prepared.lol. I hope. Wished you could be there also.

8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Your probably not doing anything wrong, you just need to do something different. Have you given any thought to chuming a few choice spots? Might help.

9. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'd try fishing under bobbers on a couple rods. The fish may be suspended or feeding near the surface.