TWENTY QUESTIONS with....

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Apr 14, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    There are a lot of interesting catfish anglers in our area, and they hold a lot of personal knowledge and experience. These folks have a lot to share with fellow catfish anglers like us, and a lot can be learned from them and their time on the water.

Experienced public speakers like CCC and BOC members LakeNormanBlues, Mudkip, and Price have done some amazing and informative seminars for us in the past. However, not everyone is accustomed to putting on a presentation likes these guys. I was trying to come up with a way for some new folks to share their knowledge in a less pressured environment.

This is the idea I came up with: TWENTY QUESTIONS with......

The concept is to get a successful catfish anglers from the area to come out to one of our meetings and let us pitch some questions out to them. Instead of them having to come up with a presentation on a particular topic, they will be able to answer questions that the members come up with. We are not talking about GPS coordinates for a particular “honey hole”, but the chance for new and experienced anglers to ask questions of a veteran catfish angler. Everything from what kind of line do you use to finer points of choosing where to fish on new water.

So, what are your thoughts on this idea?

Do you have any nominees to approach?

Let me know what you think! :wink:

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Wylie, I think it is a great idea. First on my list of appearance would be Little Ronnie Howard (roundhill).

3. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Can't wait to read the replies from the pro's!

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    dose this mean all i need is 20 ansers i whould be glad to help anytime im not sure any thing i know whould help anyone.the roundhill

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Roundhill, we can all learn a lot from you! :tounge_out:

Seriously, we would love to have you for our first session of the CCC's 20 Questions with...

If you are willing to participate, the May 11th meeting would be ideal. :wink:

6. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    I think this is a good idea. I know there's lots of basic info that I need to learn to catch big ones, as the way I've always done it just flat doesn't work for the big ones. Basics on:
    -rigging line, weights, etc.
    -Drifting and what is needed to do so
    -how to catch bait (when and where)
    -what is needed vs what is a luxury (gps, radio, wind sock, etc?)

Just my 2 cents worth. I hope to make it out to a mtg sometime (making a note of May 11). I like to fish, but with a little one at home time is hard to find.

Take care guys!

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Thanks Scott!!

We will add this to the list! :wink: