Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member

Premium Member
Justin, I would say if your channel cat fishing to go with the Whisker Whip, a medium rod. The medium heavy leans more toward bigger fish but will catch channels. This also depends on whether your fishing heavy current also.

tight lines

Registered
Justin from Utah
Ya they didn't have any whisker whoops for $50 they only had medium heavy rods that's why I was curious. It's a great deal. You all temp me to much....lol with this whole house remodel I don't have pennies extra but if something comes along I'm sure Christmas funds can be found bwahaaaaa

Registered
Stacee from Indiana
When they say medium -heavy, is it taking the fun of of channel cats? I know some do and some don't. So I'm just trying to get a feel for them
I use the medium heavy Rippin Lips rod for channels and it's still fun. I've had a few pull so hard that I could of swore they were bigger fish. I find the medium heavy gets loaded much quicker setting that circle hook real good.
The small dink tappers are more difficult to see with the medium heavy rod.

Registered
Justin from Utah
I use the medium heavy Rippin Lips rod for channels and it's still fun. I've had a few pull so hard that I could of swore they were bigger fish. I find the medium heavy gets loaded much quicker setting that circle hook real good.
The small dink tappers are more difficult to see with the medium heavy rod.
Oh wow Stacee here you go getting me back on board thinking about getting 1-2 maybe 3 lol the bad thing is then I need reels so it's another $50-$100 for a reel. So I may be a dead man.

Premium Member
Moose, you should get at least two. You can get in Big trouble with the boss but you would have been in Big trouble even if you just bought one. So,,,,,,it is like you got in Big trouble for one but the second rod was just fine. haha

And if you use a woman's way of thinking, since you got the rods on a really good sale, you can point out how you saved the family money.

I wouldn't mention the two new reels you will be needing right away. Wait at least a week. On second though don't mention them at all. You know what they say about "what they don't know won't hurt them". lol

tight lines

Registered
yall better hurry I tried to put two of the EVA red and white ones in the cart and they only had one.
apparently cork is more popular they are all gone

I wonder how many rods can ship for one shipping fee $25

Premium Member
They have posted the answer to that in the past. I think it was either 5 or 7 that will ship for the same price as one rod before any additional price increase. I think it is still listed on the TWC site.

I went looking for it. Here it is.

SHIPPING & HANDLING
1-6 rods = $25.00 flat fee.
7+ rods = additional $25.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts