TWC Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ramon06, Dec 25, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Really interested in one of these rods but want to know the size first. I am only comfortable with certain rod sizes, I know its strong from reading reviews so is it comparable to the size of Berkley Glowstick, Ugly Stik Tiger, Quantum Big Cat, King Cat, etc etc?

2. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    The rod is seven and a half long.

3. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know the length I just want to know what rod it compares to as far as style of rod.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    from only what i've read it sounds like it would compare best to a tiger

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Very comparible to Cat-Max but much better !

6. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    The blank is like a Cat-Max blank but is beafed up big time. It has all stainless eyes with a white tip. I know of an 85lb fish caught on them right now out of the Miss..They have a ton of control but enough tip to detect the light bite and also great for circles. Let me know if you have any other questions at all and thanks for the interest...:wink:

7. BillH

BillH New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am new to this site, but no stranger to fishing. About me, I grew up 30 miles from the Texas Gulf Coast. My entire family were avid fishermen. At age 25 I got transferred to San Antonio where we lived on the Medina River. After living there 10 years, I again transferred to Arkansas, where we have lived on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs for 20 years. My wife enjoys fishing as much or more than I do. We always enjoy learning something new and trying out new products. Now, we wanted ( Certainly did not need ) a new pole. I am one of these guys that does extensive research before I buy almost everything. Consumer Reports is my favorite magazine. I compared all the information and user reviews I could get on every pole in this price range. My wife says I have Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder...LOL...Anyway I decided on the "Tangling With Catfish" rod. I E-Mailed Jeremy a couple of times with questions and concerns. He immediately answered. We ordered 2 rods. Shipping was $20. The USPS shipping label showed he paid $16, plus they were shipped in sch. 40 PVC with end caps so well taped on I actually had a hard time getting them off. ( At least another $4 worth ). I had not ever even seen or felt this rod before, I strictly bought them on reviews, mostly on this site. I can tell there is a lot of combined years of catfishing expertise here. You might want to check out Paul's video if interested in the rods. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDy_j_Y6XVo&feature=player_embedded Wow !! were we impressed.....In my opinion these are hands down the absolute best rod in this price range that you can buy. The customer support from Jeremy is also a big plus. I am in NO way affiliated with TWC in any way. This site is about passing along your experiences and opinions to try and help others. But everyone has their own preferences, that is why they make strawberry, chocolate and vanilla ice cream. They all get the job done, some just "Taste" a little better than others. Hope this helps anyone contemplating a rod purchase that doesn't want to spend an arm and leg on a St. Croix or a G. Loomis......

8. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I am glad I made your rod buying experience a good one!! If you need anything else feel free to ask anytime! Thanks for the suport:wink:

9. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    Just got mine over the holiday and paired it with an Abu 6500C3. The worst part is waiting for the ice to go away so I can use it.:confused2: