TWC Rod Part 2

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ramon06, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Got home yesterday and had a package waiting for me. My TWC Rod. The packaging was very professional and the rod couldnt get damaged at all while shipping with this packaging. Wasnt impressed after removing rod from the packaging, but it was covered by a rod cover. After revealing this masterpiece it seems that this is going to be my favorite rod. Its flexible with backbone, I may even like this rod better than my M/H Tiger Rods. It came just as I bought another James River Rod to put my second Penn 309 on. Now I'm just waiting on my 2 Ming Yang reels to get here. Well anyhow here's a few pics of my TWC Rod and new James River combo.

Attached Files:

2. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    A few more pics

Attached Files:

3. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    last couple. This is a grear Rod, thanks Jeremy.

Attached Files:

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I like my TWC rod to, looks like you used the same tools I used to open it up. They are nice rods, I just put some u-40 cork seal on mine. Congrats, on your new rods.

5. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks man, it wasnt hard once I quit being lazy and went outside to get the hammer and screw driver. I ended up breaking a porcelain statue trying to beat the top off with that at first lol

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice looking rod Ramon!

7. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Thank you sir, this Rod is amazing in person. I liked how it looked on the site but I was just afraid that it wouldnt have the backbone that I was looking for but boy was I wrong, I just like the fact that it is strong and not heavy. May have to sell some of my other Rods and buy more.

8. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I am glad you liked the rod, and the way it was shipped. I put over 3 years into getting this rod where it is today. I know how important it is to have a stong back bone but still have a sensitive tip. I travel all over the US and was tired of carring 20 different rods, that was the whole reason I done what I done. Oh ya I have plenty more when your ready.

"FEEL THE FIGHT"

9. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    You have Kudos from me Mr Leach, I can tell the hard work you put into every small detail. And you will definetly get more business from me as well as refererrals

10. BillH

BillH New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Ramon, I am glad you are as happy with your rod purchase decision as I am with mine. It is certainly a good looking, well built rod with a great feel. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can hopefully put it to the test.

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I like the way they look too.How much weight do you guys think they,ll handle?

12. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I have thrown up to 18 oz weights with these rods. 10 and 12 are common though!!

13. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    great cause I dont plan on throwing more than 8-10oz with mine from a boat of course, from the bank I dont like to throw more than 6oz unless Its super heavy duty, just a fear of mine lol

14. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    yeah I'm very happy. I feel you on the wait, im still waiting on my Ming CL70 which should be here any day then hopefully I can try it sunday or next saturday

15. Jerry Cline

Jerry Cline New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Very Impressive Packing & a good looking rod

16. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Man I am glad you liked the TWC rod.I hate to recommend rods to anyone because people have different likes and dislikes.Before I bough my first rod from Jeremy I sent him a P.M. and told him what I was wanting in a catfish rod.Jeremy took the time and told me what these rods will and won't do.Glad I went ahead and purchased three after talking with him.I still am very pleased at the value and quality.