TVA to close beaches, restrooms, and some recreation areas

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by zachM54, Mar 20, 2020.

1. zachM54

zachM54 Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Zach
    Brackish*Water likes this.
  2. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Ok, this is not good news for me as I am not sure what the area below Ky and Barkley Dams are considered. I am going to need Skips this year and was considering a trip next week.

zachM54 and Brackish*Water like this.

3. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    So far it sound like the waters and ramp where you are planning to go will be open. Just take a bucket to tinkle in. I was planning on getting there this year also because I am need some skip but the wife's health isn't good and I don't think I can be away from the house e for more than an hour. The does have a sister an hour away but with the wife not able to walk she could not be capable of doing what is required. I'll just have to wait til the time comes and see how things are.

zachM54 likes this.
  4. zachM54

zachM54 Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Zach
    Been reported the gate is open to fish the discharge at Kingston Steam Plant. In the past I've had fair to good luck catching skipjack from shore a couple hundred yards below the wall this time of year. Might check it out later today or tomorrow morning.

Brackish*Water and twaskom like this.
  5. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Let us know how you do if you go. I just checked KY/Barkley and there is more water coming through than I have ever fished and done well, think I will wait for them to pinch it off a bit.

Brackish*Water likes this.
  6. zachM54

zachM54 Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Zach
    Doesn't look good, a reliable source said they haven't caught any skipjack down there since November.