TV or not TV...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ol Man, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Presently, we have a 27" RCA TV. It is 10-15yrs old. We have satelite TV which gives us excellent reception (except in heavy rain or snow). We have been looking at Plasma and LCD, somehere around 32" or so. No 42" or above because of the size of our TV room. We are leaning more to the type that mount on the wall. Concerning the Plasmas, we were told the average lifespan is about 5 years. The LCD's are less expensive but we know less about them. Do any of you have any input as to your experiences with either? Appreciate any feedback.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have a 32" Flat Screen Wide Sceen HDTV. It is made by advent. Plasma's have great pictures but dont last long like you mentioned. I have not had a problem with my TV, I love it in fact. The TV age is going HD, so make sure you invest in that one way or another.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That setup is kind of like what we're considering. Somewhere in our TV store travels it was mentioned analog TV will be no more in a couple of years.

4. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    I didnt know that about plasma's
    wow I'm glad we got 36 sony flat screen instead
    which our tv room is about 14' x 14' which it gets alittle close but picture
    looks great
    forget plasma go hd flat

5. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with Matt,HDTV is the way I would think about going.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    "Blow up your TV, throw away the paper,
    Move to the country..........." John Prine

My philosiphy exactly! I just haven't moved far enough into the country, YET.
    I hate TV. If I want to watch a movie, I go rent it or watch one of the home ones. I hate commercials. I would rather do something else. I'm waiting for the computer to follow the way of the TV for me.

So I really shouldn't have commented, except to say I have been told that the Plasmas don't have a long life span. There is a LARGE big screen one here that belongs to my son and has been here for probably 4 or 5 years. There is one downstairs that was purchased 2 years ago that hasn't been watched over 3 times and may not even work now.....LOL. There is another one in my extra room that doesn't get watched either. Heck I'm TV poor and don't even know if they all still work. Perhaps I'll sell them in a yard sale. Not any use to me.
    Sorry for rambling. Take care.