TV comercials that treat you like you are stupid

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cheapNdisgusting, Sep 15, 2009.

1. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Some comercials are so stupid that it makes me want to never do business with them, and I don't.

Geico - Just exactly what does a lizard, a caveman, and a pile of money with eyeballs have to do with insurance. Show me how you take care of customers cars ect. instead of running up the cost of your insurance with ridiculous crap.

Foriegn cars with American names. Are they trying to convince me that a "Toyota Sequoia" is not an import? That is a very big tree in California USA. If GMC sells a Yukon Denali in Japan do they name it "Lotus Blossom" or "Water chestnut". How about the "Honda Pilot". Shouldn't it be named the "Kamikazee".

Texting a vote for something. $.99 cents charged to your phone bill (limit 10 votes per #). What a scam. If you feel the uncontrollable urge to vote anyhow, you can do it "on-line" for free.

Texting 541 541 and .99 cents will get you the answer to anything. For $20. bucks even I could pass the bar exam. If you really need this service to pass that test - you didn't do your homework and didn't learn anything. Save that $.99 cents - you are gonna need it.

On-line Booty call. Nuff said about that. Is anyone really this stupid?

Feed the children. This one always shows an impoverished town in some foriegn country and how you can help for $20 a month. What about New Orleans? or inner city kids in Pittsburgh, or the Humane Society.

Vacation in Iowa. ????? Why?

Then there is the one about Polar Bears. Is your contribution going to stop global warming? Send it to the Humane society instead.

Now I'm all riled up and I gotta go watch TV to see what kind of drug I need to take to calm down. Hopefully the 57 side effects are not to severe.

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with you. That commercial with the pile of money w/eyes......huh? Now I DO like the Geico lizard, but just because he's a cute little critter. Caveman? I don't get it.
    Texting for 99cents for an answer; just Google it. Or "Ask.com". Come on! Are we so lazy, & dependent on our phones that we can't go through ordinary activities?????
    And have you EVER seen so many "new prescription drug" commercials??? Heck, no wonder you can't afford medicines anymore.....jeez louise!!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I sorta like the lil geko for gieko myself,the caveman I can do without. The only other one I absolutely hate is those dam sonic ads,the guys they got are the dumbest nerds in america. How bout a common Joe or better yet a car full of High school kids buying sonic.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    The reason for all that stuff is somebody is giving their money for it or it's product I agree we got to stop it and smilin Bob too

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good thread Russell. I agree with you I can't stand that stupid stuff. I will never purchase a product that has stupid advertisement.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's a good reason to have a Tivo/DVR. You can skip right thru those ads. If it's something I haven't recorded, I hit the mute button and get me a snack or go to the pot.:wink:

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    The only reason Bob is smilin' is because he gets a commision on each sale and he thinking of how many dummies are going to send their money in.
    He probably laughs all the way to the bank.

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I hope he gets "restless leg syndrome".

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::crazy::smile2::smile2: ROTFLMBO

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    the commercials i hate the most are the drug commercials!

take this latest and greatest pill to help relieve asthma symptoms!

some side affects could occur, nose bleeds, head aches, seizures, loss of vision!

take a pill for one thing and end up worse than when you started!

sad thing is the drug companies are raking in the $$$$

11. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    You beat me to it Steve them stupid drug commericals thiese here pills will make you git a full nights rest...you just wont wake up :roll_eyes:

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I could stand them stupid lizard commercials at first, but they kinda over did it. I never did understand the caveman thing. Maybe I'm dumber than one.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't watch TV commercials... stopped when remote control's first came out. I would switch channels then usually forget to switch back. Then couple years ago got a cable DVR. Now commercials last only a few seconds and without audio. :smile2:

14. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    That "Diabeetus" guy annoys me.

Also, I get tired of these infomercials with the idiots that think just because they yell, it will make me buy their useless crap. If their stuff is so great, I'll probably hear about it from someone else. I can just see that stuff sitting in the shed unused for years and bound for a yard sale.

15. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I read that that's about to change Olefin. I read that they know that's happening and they are going to make the commercials part of the show so it can't be ignored the same way. I guess they'll just make the thing show in the corners of the screen or something. But they say it's gonna be explicitly for people with Tivo, etc.

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The real reason they make all those stupid commercials is right here in this thread. LOL So people like us will talk about them or think they are so stupid that we spread the word about how dumb they are. Bad publicity is still publicity. And there is always that one percent that will say to themselves: "nothing is that dumb, maybe I should check it out". So all we're doing with this thread is exactly what they want. Keeping the dumb stuff alive and well in ours and everyone else that reads this's thoughts. LOL Funny, but I bet it's true.

17. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    This one might be worth looking into it's Taco Mayo "Feed the US Children"
    For once your dollar might be used right here in the good old USA to do some good.
    Loop

18. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Preparation H, use as directed. Did they think I was going to brush my teeth with it. :smile2: Coke (not the soft drink) users do put it in their nostrils, ISYN.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't doubt they would like to stop it. I'm sure there are millions doing the same as I. It will not be easy to stop us. I've never used Tivo, my DVR is rented from the cable company. I think the DVR is the best thing since the remote control. :smile2:

20. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i got directv and its just about always tuned to TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES or WILLIES PLACE xm radio. no commercials. i cant take them at all. :big_smile::cool2: